OVERVIEW: As the Development Manager, you’ll work closely with the Executive Director, on organizational advancement including fundraising, communications, and events, to create and maintain favorable interactions and engagement with internal and external partners, donors and constituents. In this fast-paced, growing organization you will also assist in developing fundraising and communications guidelines and procedures. A team player mindset with integrity, humility, compassion, empathy and a resilient mission-focused commitment is essential for all team members.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of fundraising activities, meeting grant and reporting deadlines through completion
- Build and manage relationships with donors and granting organizations
- Craft and implement fundraising plans
- Manage development timeline and deliverables, working with the program team to communicate accomplishments, milestones and needs to donors
- Promote goodwill through development and communication efforts
- Must be exceptional at internal and external communication techniques and messages, including gathering data, grant and donor communications /acknowledgements, and distribution methods
- Coordinates special projects such as fundraisers, awareness/outreach and community functions. Manages and distributes fact sheets, media assets, or scripts.
- Coordinates production of fundraising and outreach collateral materials
- Maintains and utilizes CRM tool and automates processes to encourage support and engagement.
- Plan and distribute communications across multiple platforms and social media
- Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years related non-profit experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in development and organizational advancement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite and CRM tools (such as Sales Force, Constant Contact, G-Suite, Donor Perfect.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in maintaining and building enriching donor relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work with minimal hands-on direction, to initiate, manage and maintain several projects simultaneously
- Adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date
- Exhibits excellent listening skill; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Understanding of SW: and its mission, values, programs, and the impact of these programs and services on participants and their families
- Commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct
- Takes initiative to understand and model the SW: culture of positivity, clear communication, collaboration and teamwork.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and asks for and offers help when needed.
- Prioritizes and plans and uses time efficiently developing realistic action plans.
- Valid driver’s license
Our commitment to team members is enhanced by competitive compensation and a benefits package.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. SW: provides a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture. Option to work remote 2 days a week.
SongwritingWith: Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest with your salary requirements in the body of an email to HR@songwritingwithsoldiers.org, attach your resume to the email as a separate document.
- Date Posted: October 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Arts / Culture