United Way of Sumner County
United Way of Sumner County
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Manager is responsible for fundraising campaign management of workplace giving accounts. This position maximizes workplace giving through a concerted effort to establish, grow, and deepen relationships with company leadership, key influencers, stakeholders, and donors with the goal of retaining the current donor base, while reaching new donors to grow revenue. The Development Manager is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all internal and external communications, as they relate to social media, marketing, and community presence.
- Initiate, build and sustain positive year-round relationships with key stakeholders (business leaders, donors, prospects, and volunteers) within campaign accounts, resulting in donor retention and revenue growth.
- Capture, enter, and maintain relevant stakeholder information in database. Effectively embrace and utilize technology to manage relationships.
- Build cohesive relationships with workplace giving coordinators to share data and implement strategies. Actively support workplace coordinators with campaign planning, presentation, execution and evaluation. Provide year-round engagement opportunities.
- Conduct data analysis to identify account strengths, opportunities, develop best practices, and create comprehensive development plans.
- Research Global Corporate Leadership Accounts (GCL) as well as Out of County Campaign Accounts ensuring accurate and timely reporting of campaign data.
- Prepare annual TN Employee Charitable Campaign (TECC); TN Board of Regents (TBR); and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) paperwork and represent UWSC as needed for these Campaign Accounts.
- Plan and execute a recognition plan to ensure all donors are thanked.
- Participate in community organizations and endeavors to expand professional network and increase awareness of UWSC.
- Conduct group UW Campaign presentations and facilitates discussions with large and small audiences, in order to invite the listeners to give to UWSC.
- Work with Project Manager on volunteer recruitment from workplace campaigns for various UWSC initiatives.
- Work with CEO and Projects Manager to identify, recruit, and retain sponsors and participants for all events and projects.
- Manage the process of concepting, creating, and producing key stakeholder’s communication pieces for the organization including the annual report, email campaigns, monthly donor communications, stewardship pieces, and events and projects promotional items.
- Act as primary manager of social media strategy and execute all campaigns/plans across platforms.
- Responsible for website management.
- Coordinating overall communication plan and calendar for UWSC working with all departments.
- Develop client stories for marketing purposes, respecting confidentiality.
- Maintain up-to-date media contact lists and manage relationships with members of the media.
- Actively pursue strategic marketing and PR opportunities that further UWSCs visibility in the community.
- Responsible for ensuring recognition of all sponsors, donors, and volunteers through various communications.
- Devises personal organizational system to manage multiple projects and accounts.
- Share admin duties with other staff to include answering phone, filing, copies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of fundraising, customer service, account management, sales, or marketing
- Graphic design skills and previous experience working with Canva, Adobe, etc.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; extensive experience with social media and digital marketing; Canva & Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Organized, self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- People oriented
- Passion for UWSC’s mission
- Health insurance
- Flexible work enviroment
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about United Way of Sumner County, visit: www.unitedwaysumner.org
- Date Posted: September 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development