Nashville Humane Association
Nashville Humane Association
Development Director for Nashville Humane
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member of Leadership team and fills in for Executive Director at her request.
- Plan and execute special/signature events and activities.
- Secure and coordinate all appropriate permits, licensing, and insurance prior to events.
- Execute event registrations including attendee lists and check-in procedures, preparation of packing and inventory, on-site logistics and support with volunteer and vendor management.
- Record and track vendor contracts and payments, write acknowledgement and thank you letters, assemble donor solicitation packets, create and update donor/program-related forms, research both monetary and in-kind funding sources, write solicitation letters, execute mass mailing.
- Manage post-event tasks including scheduling and attending wrap-up meetings, verifying communication with committees, vendors, sponsors, and volunteers; gift processing, incentive prizes and awards, as directed.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters to establish effective communications and ongoing relationships.
- Make public appearances/speaking engagements to share information about NHA with the community.
- Provide direction and support to Executive Director in regard to all things development.
- Create content for, manage and execute the organization’s development plan. Coordinate with committees and departments to maximize all development opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with the Board Chair for Development
- Steward relationships with all-level donors, including those of bequests/deferred gifts.
- Develop reports (mid and annual) as well as special reports when appropriate.
- Strategically create plans for mailings, including year-end appeals, direct mail campaigns. Designate segmentation for each as appropriate.
- Oversee fundraising database.
- Provide guidance and management to the development assistants on staff.
- Collaborate with other fundraising staff and all departments.
- Grow Top Tails including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors and sponsorships.
- Oversee grant-seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Research prospective major or corporate donors
- Oversee the Events Coordinator position.
- Oversee the PR and social media departments
- Oversee the Community Events Coordinator
- In additional to the above tasks and responsibilities, other related duties may be assigned. Such identification in no way restricts the employer’s right to alter the job as previously held.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience in Development and Fundraising
- Animal shelter experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have base line knowledge in safe and efficient handling of small animals, understand basic characteristics in animal behavior.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Candidates should possess the ability to work well with people and thrive in a variety of high stress and fast paced situations
- Animal hair and dandruff, possibility of domestic and wild animal bites.
- Exposure to potentially communicable disease, such as ringworm, rabies, etc.
- Applicants should be free of allergies, asthma or back problems.
- Applicants should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time (8+ hours).
- There may be a exposure to fumes, animal smells or airborne particles.
- The noise levels range from moderate to high at times and PPE will be provided.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate but not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting and carrying objects and animals of moderate weight.
Simple IRA with 3% matching
How to Apply
- Date Posted: March 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 03/27/2023
- Salary Range: 70,000 Starting
- Working Hours: 40 hours M-F, some weekends and holidays required