Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Development Coordinator (remote but must be located in Nashville, TN area)
Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Global Sanctuary for Elephants, a 501 (c)(3) US nonprofit organization headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced Development Coordinator to support our mission of protecting, rescuing, and providing sanctuary for elephants worldwide, including through our pilot project – Elephant Sanctuary Brazil.
In our effort to honor the integrity of the sanctuary and the spirit of the elephants we support, each and every function at GSE is carried out with the highest level of diligence and respect. We believe every elephant is an individual. As such, we know that every positive action and job performed is fundamental to the healing process and joy each elephant experiences in sanctuary.
- Report to and assist the Development Director with online fundraising events and general administration of fundraising activities.
- Provide excellent donor service by responding to email and telephone inquiries from donors, grantmakers, and corporate sponsors.
- Managing the donor database including data maintenance, gift processing, acknowledgments, reporting, solicitations, list creation/maintenance, and communication mailings.
- Retrieving donations and mail from the Brentwood, TN PO Box and managing weekly bank deposits (if located in Middle TN).
- Processing, recording, acknowledging, and general organization of all donations (mail, online, and direct deposit)
- Work with the GSE accounting team to reconcile all deposits into the donor database against Quickbooks reports.
- Generating donor database reports for mailings, donations, bank deposits, board reports, and the annual audit and 990 preparations.
- Drafting and design of fundraising email communications and campaigns to donors.
- Reviewing donor database design and its integration with vendor's software such as Mailchimp, Crowdrise campaigns, giving platforms, etc.
- Providing recommendations regarding enhancements or improvements with current software providers.
- Staying knowledgeable of fundraising software changes and features through investigation, training, and documentation review.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures for optimal data integrity, analysis, reporting, and compliance with system best practices.
- Maintaining a cloud-based document management system.
- Assisting with tracking of national solicitation permits and annual report renewals.
- General administrative support for donor services activities.
- Researching private foundation and corporate sponsorship, giving, and grant programs.
- Developing a grant proposal strategy to meet the operational and financial needs of GSE.
- Developing a grant deadline calendar and preparing/monitoring grant budgets.
- Maintaining records of all grant payments and communications in donor management software.
- Creating monthly reports for all grant-related activities.
- Identifying and developing strategies to optimize the grant administration process.
- Becoming familiar with the FDO database and Instrumentl grant-seeking software.
- Cultivation of relationships with foundation and corporate contacts.
- Scheduling meetings and presentations for staff and board members to potential funders.
- Submitting grant proposals and supporting materials.
- Assisting with creating supportive documentation for proposals.
- Managing/fulfilling grant reporting requirements.
- Other community relations and development activities as needed to secure corporate and foundation support.
- 2-3 Years of analytical /administrative/organizational experience.
- 2-3 Years in a nonprofit setting -animal welfare field knowledge or experience a plus.
- Experience with gift entry and reporting in donor database systems like Kindful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Mailchimp, and cloud-based application processes such as Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Experience with writing/research (grant writing a plus).
- Strong attention to detail, editing skills, and data management/reconciliation skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and juggle multiple grant projects. Ability to collaborate with staff and board, and self-manage time while working remotely.
Full Time, Non-Exempt, Remote position, but needs to be located in the Nashville area. Flexible Work Schedule (does require some availability to work between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Mon-Fri). Room to grow with this up-and-coming organization. Benefits include vacation pay, holiday pay, maternity leave, mobile phone stipend, employee perks/discount program access, and potential bonuses. Flexible work arrangement in a permanent work-from-home remote position.
How to Apply
Apply with resume and cover letter HERE
- Date Posted: October 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours /wk; Flexible Work Schedule (does require some availability to work between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Mon-Fri).