Parkinson's Foundation TNKY Chapter
Parkinson's Foundation TNKY Chapter
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Coordinator who will execute a portfolio of community-based fundraising events. The Development Coordinator will ensure goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of event volunteers.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility – Recruitment & Fundraising, Logistics and Community Engagement for the Tennessee and Kentucky markets.
Recruitment & Fundraising – 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for a portfolio of community-based events which may include: Moving Day, Parkinson’s Revolution, special events and other community fundraising events
- Engage, recruit, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful fundraising and event execution, with a focus on event volunteer leadership positions and volunteer succession planning
- Research and secure local corporate sponsorships
- Proactively leverage local contacts and resources to identify event participants
- Work closely with the Regional Director to develop marketing and outreach tactics to make the public aware of the events
- Utilize in-person, phone and email contact to steward leads into event participants
- Conduct meetings and presentations to various groups, including corporate employee groups, support groups, civic groups, churches, colleges and universities, etc. for the purpose of recruiting participants and to assist participants with fundraising
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition communications for participation and donations
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics
- Help event participants navigate the fundraising website and other social tools
- Maintain relationships with participants year-round to support participant retention and stewardship
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and current donors from the Bay Area, executing plans to cultivate, solicit, steward, and thank those donors.
Community Engagement – 20%
- Provide leadership, vision and support to volunteers
- Serve as local representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, acting as spokesperson when necessary and appropriate
- Maintain relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation partners
- Seek out and build new relationships to grow Parkinson’s Foundation’s community of supporters
Logistics – 10%
- Plan all necessary elements of successful events and a positive participant experience with support of the Development Director
- Manage all event-day activities
- Monitor financial expenditures and progress against event budgets and take appropriate measures to meet goals ensuring a high ROI in meeting revenue targets
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout the Tennessee and Kentucky areas. Travel up to 20%.
Compensation for this position depends on prior experience. Comprehensive benefits package available.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Development Coordinator – TNKY” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: April 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 04/18/2022
- Working Hours: 9am - 5pm