The responsibilities of the Development Coordinator will be to manage all gift and CRM database administration as well as development functions like communicating with those interested in fundraising on behalf of Thistle Farms and assistance during special events. This role also provides back-up support for the Administration department as needed.
The Development Coordinator will manage the gift administration for the organization from the entry and processing of gifts to the timely issuing of personal thank you’s and tax acknowledgements. Specific gift duties include:
• Entering, approving and/or processing all gifts, while adhering to policies and procedures for data entry and formatting.
• Making email/phone inquiries when additional donor information is needed.
• Ensuring that the accounting team is aware of any restricted or program designated received.
• Becoming proficient in Raiser’s Edge (the donor CRM) including but not limited to: managing gift and constituent records, campaigns, funds, appeals, and all data functions.
• Inputting all checks into the donor CRM, double-checking for accuracy and possible duplicate constituent records.
• Accessing employee-giving or charity portals for detail on checks/direct deposits with multiple donors.
• Notifying the Development team, the CEO & President by email immediately upon receipt of special or larger gifts ($10K+).
• Sending tax acknowledgements once a week to all one-time donors, along with appropriate swag.
• Sending quarterly tax acknowledgements to monthly donors, along with appropriate swag.
• Sending handwritten notes to new monthly donors, welcoming them to the Thistle Farmer Club, along with appropriate swag.
• Respond to donor inquiries promptly, referring to the appropriate Development team member, as needed.
• Liaise with the Development team to create personalized thank-you’s for large and special gifts.
• Be the point-of-contact for all individuals or groups who seek to raise funds on behalf of Thistle Farms, providing them with Thistle guidelines, and assisting as appropriate regarding the event. Communicate applicable information to the social media manager and marketing team.
• Be the point-of-contact for individuals seeking to make a tribute gifts or community member support by sending cards and communication to the appropriate person or family member.
• Provide receipting for all in-kind giving and noting in the donor CRM.
• Recording Actions and Appeals on Constituent records, when appropriate.
• Assist the Development Director with planning and organization for special events and campaigns.
• Be the point of contact for all Development reporting – i.e. daily and monthly reconciliation reports to Accounting, metrics for Board meeting presentations, LYBUNT and weekly totals to Director of Development, quarterly Gratitude List for the Thistle Farmer, and miscellaneous reports to CEO as requested
• Import new donors into welcome flow in Marketing email platform, Klaviyo
• Manage inventory of mailing supplies, including donor swag.
• Assist team members in utilizing the Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to: setting up new users, recommending Blackbaud trainings, assigning solicitors to Constituent records, imports for Volunteer hours, using lists, and running reports.
• Steward and grow monthly donor program.
Provide occasional back-up support to the front-office, answering phones and welcome visitors. This function should be embraced as PR support that the Development team provides for the organization. Provide Community Engagement or Education support by being available for any tours, volunteer events, & visitor needs during in high demand times or absence of team members
The preferred candidate will be highly motivated, have strong written communication skills, and be able to work both independently and collaboratively. The candidate must be meticulous and detail-oriented, with a personal commitment to maintaining accurate records, and a willingness to “go the extra mile’ to ensure a positive giving experience for donors. The preferred candidate will embrace and find challenging work that is primarily accomplished by utilizing an online donor platform and spreadsheets for data management, and thoughtful communication. Preference will also be given to a candidate with donor database experience, specifically Raiser’s Edge.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Contributory 401k
- Paid Days Off (you will be entitled to paid time off in accordiance with the Company’s vacation policy)
- Typically 10 paid holidays per year and closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, subject to change annually.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/30/2021
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am - 4:00pm