Center for Youth Ministry Training
Center for Youth Ministry Training
Updated September 2022
Objective: As a key member of the Development team, the Development Associate plays a central role in the advancement of the development goals of the Center for Youth Ministry Training via strategic communications/marketing planning and implementation. Manages CYMT’s fundraising communications plan and introductory level development efforts while also providing logistical leadership for the development team.
Supervision: Reports to Operations Director
Hours/Compensation: 30 hours a week/DOE
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips leaders and communities of faith to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ, leading to identity and purpose. The CYMT accomplishes this mission through three primary initiatives: the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry, in partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Theology Together; and the Innovation Laboratory. CYMT was created in 2006.
- Provides logistical leadership in implementing CYMT’s overall development plan working with the Director of Donor Engagement and Executive Director
- Working in collaboration with Executive Director and Director of Donor Engagement, manages all communications/marketing related to development efforts including:
- Annual report
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Donor mailings and appeal letters
- Donor marketing materials
- Social media postings
- Updates to donor page of website
- Donation acknowledgment notices
- Thank you notes
- Develops communications strategy, manages editorial calendar, and serves as editor for all development communications with donors, prospects and alumni, including print and digital appeal campaigns, event follow-up communications
- Works directly with Marketing Team on all development-related social media, website, online/print publications, and donor communications
- Lead entry level print donor acquisition campaigns and digital fundraising campaigns like Giving Tuesday and the Big Payback
- Coordinate logistics for development events and fundraisers
- Provide grant and donor research for the development staff
- Oversee donor management software including inputting gifts, reconciliation of accounts with finance department, and running of reports
- Have a full knowledge of donor management software and be able to train development staff on its best use
- Ensure CYMT branding is consistent throughout all development communications
- Undergraduate degree in nonprofit management, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Three years’ experience in a non-profit development office
- Strong writing skills for both publication and online/social media environments
- Experience in development of strategic communications plans
- Able to plan and manage multiple projects and be creative with limited resources
- Able to anticipate communications/marketing opportunities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a highly relational environment
- Some evenings and weekend work required for events
- Flexible schedule with hybrid/remote work options.
- Paid Vacation, and personal, professional development days.
- Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Friday, and December 24 through January 1 every year.
- Health insurance option
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at www.cymt.org/job-openings where you will also be required to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Date Posted: September 29, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/01/2022