At Saddle Up!, the Development Associate’s primary responsibilities are assisting and supporting the various development department programs, including annual giving, events, and special campaigns, and working closely with the Director of Development to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals.
Why Will You Love This Job? You will enjoy this position if you possess a natural curiosity and are excited about researching opportunities and achieving goals, enjoy a “no two days are alike” job, desire the flexibility of a part-time position with variable hours, and love to develop and maintain relationships. Our work environment is collaborative and casual. You will find Saddle Up! to be a positive and energetic environment. If you are seeking a position with purpose you will be richly rewarded here knowing you are supporting a mission with a life-changing impact on children with disabilities.
About Saddle Up! Located on a beautiful 34-acre farm in the heart of Williamson County, Tennessee horse country, Saddle Up! is the region’s oldest and largest equine-assisted therapy program and the only program serving children and young adults with a wide range of physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities. Founded over 30 years ago, Saddle Up! is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and a PATH Premiere Accredited Center, offering the over 230 riders we serve annually the highest administrative, facility, program, and applicable activity and service standards. Our 8 programs run year-round, six days a week, including special summer programs.
This position coordinates events, works with special campaigns and projects, and serves various administrative functions working with sponsors, vendors, staff, volunteers, and supporters.
- Monitor all event sponsorship proposals and track the status of responses
- Manage logistics of sponsorship proof of performance coordination ensuring that Saddle Up! has all sponsorship commitments covered.
- Collaborate with internal employees and volunteers to ensure all event needs are coordinated.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with vendors, consultants, and other outside resources to ensure the availability of quality resources for ongoing events activities.
- Work with the Development Director to identify, cultivate, and steward event sponsors.
- Support the fundraising initiatives of the organization including individuals, companies, foundations, churches, and service organizations.
- Communicate competently about our program with target audiences in mind.
- Assist in the editing of appeals, acknowledgments, reports, and proposals
- Research potential donors and statistics for solicitation visits and assist the Development Director in creating compelling presentations for solicitation meetings
- Generate clear, action-oriented meeting notes.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, events, and donor engagement activities.
- Foster positive relationships with donors and supporters, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Support the Development Director on special projects.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a non-profit setting in marketing, development, or communications and hold a relevant bachelor’s degree. This position requires excellent written and copyediting skills and the ability to communicate competently in writing or verbally about Saddle Up! programs with target audiences, which may include individuals, companies, foundations, churches, and service organizations. The basics of exceptional organization and time management skills, proficiency in MS Office experience with CRM and project management software, and the proven ability to work well in a collaborative environment are important components of this fast-paced position. Experience working with volunteers and in customer relationship management is a huge plus.
Through our PEO provider, eligible employees may obtain medical, dental, and vision insurance, and HSA/FSA and life insurance during the annual benefits enrollment. Worker’s Compensation insurance is 100% employer-paid. After completing one year of service, all employees age 18 or over who have worked a minimum of 1000 hours in a calendar year will be eligible to participate in the Company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan, which has a discretionary match.
This part-time position offers flexible hours and flexibility for both on-site and remote work, depending on the needs of the organization.
How to Apply
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. A background check is required for employment. Saddle Up! is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited on the grounds.
To apply send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your desired schedule and rate of pay. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: February 9, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/04/2024
- Salary Range: $23.00/hour
- Working Hours: Flexible TBD