St. Luke's Community House
Development and Marketing Manager
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Development & Marketing Manager to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community by carrying out functions related to fundraising, communications, marketing and administration.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core values of St. Luke’s Community House. We believe that the work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates an inclusive perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and equity are particularly encouraged to apply.
Fund Development & Donor Communications
- Maintain comprehensive donor database; data and gift entry, generating and sending timely acknowledgement letters (within 48 hours of receipt of gift), and correspondence with donors including daily and heavy volume mailings.
- Assist with all mail and email campaigns to donors and stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and assisting with all fundraising and community events.
- Responsible for planning and executing a minimum of three (3) third-party fundraisers within the local business community annually.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to create content for fundraising campaigns, including an annual year-end campaign and annual impact report.
- Generate content and media for online fundraisers.
- Create content for all print materials related to fundraising events including invitations, programs, etc.
- Maintain a small caseload of donors and create opportunities for donor involvement and stewardship.
- Identify and develop new strategies to broaden the organization’s visibility.
- Develop a library of organizational talking points, stories, and statistics to be used consistently across the organization.
- Maintain and drive the organization’s brand standards and content strategy to effectively resonate with donors and clients.
- Develop focused marketing strategies, in conjunction with the Programs Team, to support each program’s goals while maintaining consistent messaging across the organization.
- Create a system to track marketing outreach efforts.
Social & Digital Media
- Manage all social media platforms. Create a monthly social media calendar and post content to all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and monitor activity to gauge effectiveness and engagement. Respond to messages within a timely manner (24 hours).
- Monitor social media trends; implement new strategies as needed across platforms.
- Manage the website; update the layout, written copy, and other content as needed.
- Create and distribute monthly email newsletters to clients and donors. Create additional email blasts as needed.
- Collect and manage photo and video content and graphic updates for social platforms.
- Ensure St. Luke’s brand consistency is maintained across all social and digital platforms.
Content Creation & Management
- Work with cross-departmental staff to create and prepare electronic content, newsletters, flyers, and promotional materials within brand standards.
- Responsible for the design and execution of monthly staff email newsletter.
- Work with Program staff to generate content and client stories to share on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports. Be the storyteller!
- Responsible for taking photos of clients, program activities and fundraising and community events. Maintain a photo library for use on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports.
- Manage the development of all print collateral including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, brochures. etc.
- Create additional email marketing pieces as needed.
- Ensure all marketing assets including images, logos, videos, documents, and other marketing related content are organized and archived.
- Assist in creating and compiling packets, representing St. Luke’s at community events as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and board meetings, as requested.
- Support and engage with overall staff team functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of successful work requiring fundraising, communications, proofreading, creative design, marketing.
- History of success managing multiple projects in a professional setting with little supervision of the day-to-day and handling shifting priorities.
- Ability to present quality projects for approval/feedback and meet stated deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web editing software
- Fundraising and marketing experience with a track record of success
- Certified Raiser’s Edge user with moderate to advanced skills, general knowledge of fundraising protocols
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Experience creating and managing brand identities
- Embody professionalism, responsibility, maturity, and accountability
- Ability to work independently and function as a positive team member
- Demonstrate creative problem solving
- Relate well to varied clientele, donors, staff, and volunteers
- Adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Outgoing, enterprising, persuasive, and creative
- Strategic thinker, possessing the ability to anticipate needs and challenges before they arise
- Ability to write compelling, accurate, and succinct copy for a variety of communication avenues
- Self-motivated with a high value for professional excellence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/the general public.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste, or smell.
- Ability to move 25 pounds.
Position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. In addition, the candidate must be able to pass a drug test and have a clear background check.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity, working Monday through Friday, along with some evenings and weekends. We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan. Employees are eligible for discounted onsite childcare.
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume to email@example.com, and please include salary expectations.
If preferred, you may mail/fax your resume to:
St. Luke’s Community House, 5601 New York Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (615) 350-7895
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Community Development