Development and Communications Manager
Friends of Franklin Parks Inc
Friends of Franklin Parks, a fast-growing nonprofit that raises funds to enhance Franklin’s parks and trail systems, seeks a full-time professional with fundraising, marketing, and communications expertise to perform the duties of a Development and Communications Manager to further our mission. Modeling best practices in revenue development and service excellence, the Development and Communications Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Friends of Franklin Parks fundraising efforts including corporate and foundation and individual giving, expanding our Friends program and assisting with special fundraising events.
The Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in partnership with the Board of Directors and other staff to set the objectives and strategy and ensure the organization meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the fundraising landscape in Franklin and across Middle Tennessee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director to develop goals and strategies to meet annual revenue targets.
- Oversee implementation of the fundraising strategy, including maintaining an active portfolio of current and prospective corporate and individual supporters.
- Implement and amplify a donor stewardship program that recognizes all gifts from the various funding sources in ways that secure long-term donor engagement.
- Manage the creation and execution of communication strategies, including print collateral, website, digital communications, social media, publications, and branding to support development strategies including capital campaigns.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff in researching, drafting and submitting grant proposals to foundation funders, meeting submission guidelines and deadlines as required.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure that strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are conducted in a timely manner.
- Solicit and close major gifts ($25,000 or more) to achieve strategic objectives.
- Initiate face-to-face meetings with prospects and donors. Coordinate with Executive Director and board members to attend.
- Ensure accurate data processing and acknowledgement of gifts and related fundraising activity relevant to the above-mentioned focus areas. Coordinate gift processing, donor records management and donor recognition.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the development program that reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Create monthly reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Participate fully as a member of the Friends of Franklin Parks team, attend staff meetings, assist on-site at events, and coordinate collaborative activities with team members as needed.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Related experience (including but not limited to) nonprofit development, marketing, and fundraising.
- Knowledge of current trends of charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- Knowledge of and passion for Franklin’s parks and trails system is a plus.
- Understanding of and experience in development and fundraising practices, especially in major gifts development, grant writing and management, and cultivation of individual donors while documenting activity in donor management software.
- Goal-driven self starter equipped to create programs and processes that drive financial stability for organizational growth.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated ability to be an effective spokesperson and advocate for Friends of Franklin Parks’ mission.
- Motivate staff, board members, and volunteers around the development program.
- Systems and process management skills sufficient to manage a complex mix of revenue-generating activities.
- Development skills to be channeled through email, website, socials, and other donor updates.
- Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience that engages a wide range of stakeholders and cultures through the development and execution of communication strategies including print collateral, website, digital communications, social media, publications, and branding.
- Ensure all event and program logistics are moving forward with a continued focus on increasing revenue, brand awareness, and community engagement.
- Manage multiple areas of activity simultaneously, with strong people skills and emotional intelligence.
Indicators of Success
- Meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Growth in donor engagement across giving sectors.
- Well-managed workload and demonstration of sector best practices.
- Demonstrated ability of making a positive contribution to the organization’s effectiveness and growth, and to the culture of the organization.
Benefits: Generous paid personal time off. We offer an extremely collaborative, encouraging, and mission-driven environment.
Work Location: Franklin, TN
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please send resume, cover letter and references to FOFP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this job posting.
No phone calls please.
To learn more about Friends of Franklin Parks, visit www.FriendsofFranklinParks.org.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Date Posted: June 22, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/18/2022
- Salary Range: Based on experience.
- Working Hours: Schedule: Full time position M–F with some flexibility with schedule due to work evenings and weekends as warranted by meetings, events and other department needs.