Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville
Development and Communications Director
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville (RMHC), a nonprofit family residential facility, seeks a full-time, professional with fundraising skills, marketing, and communications experience to perform the duties of a Development and Communications Director. This person must be highly organized with great attention to detail and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates must be people oriented and responsible for implementing a comprehensive Development Plan that includes but is not limited to managing the details of the production of 5 special events, solicitation of major gifts, planned giving and annual giving programs. In addition, this person will be responsible for the support of the Board of Directors and Associate Board in the fundraising process, writing grant proposals, assisting with securing sponsorships for major special events, coordinate gift processing, donor records management and donor recognition.
Candidate is responsible for implementing a comprehensive Communications and Marketing plan that includes but is not limited to managing details of the production of all marketing and communication activities for 5 special events, the writing and production of agency printed materials including quarterly printed newsletters and monthly e-newsletters, managing all social media platforms and campaigns, managing all website content, and promoting our mission.
Successful individual will have strong leadership skills, initiative, enthusiasm, dependability, enjoys interaction with children and families, and highly adaptable. RMHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
Degree required and qualifications:
– A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
– A minimum of five years in fundraising, event planning, marketing, and communications or equivalent experience; nonprofit experience is a plus.
– Strong people skills and emotional intelligence; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
– Detail oriented
– Demonstrated knowledge of development, fundraising and event management and program design
– Elevated reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient in Internet use, working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and including Outlook, Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint, proficient in basic web content management, database management, online fundraising sites, donor management software experience and experience coordinating multiple social media web platforms.
– Ability to handle multiple demands from various entities along with high volume requests and rapid responses.
– Maintain confidentiality when dealing with volunteer, resident, donor, and organizational information
– Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 40 pounds or less: manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy – Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville has implemented a vaccination policy effective January 15, 2021, strongly encouraging Covid-19 vaccination(s) (Two (2) doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine OR One (1) dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine for all employees. This policy was made due to the vulnerable population that we serve. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should request an accommodation form and submit the form to the Executive Director.
- 100% Employer-paid health, dental and vision for individuals and dependents
- 401K Plan
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
How to Apply
If interested in applying for this position, please send resume with cover letter by EMAIL or FAX to:
(Please, no calls. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.)
- Date Posted: July 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2022
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $80,000
- Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, but must be flexible to adjust schedule based on early or late meetings, special events and occasional Saturdays (event dependent)