Linden Waldorf School
Dean of Advancement and Outreach
Linden Waldorf School
This job description indicates the general duties and physical requirements of work performed by the employee with this job designation. It should not be interpreted or construed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and physical requirements required of the employee assigned to this job, as these might vary from day to day or as business needs demand.
The Dean of Advancement and Outreach leads the strategic planning and execution of Linden Waldorf School’s fundraising and related outreach efforts. This role is responsible for the annual fund, planned giving, and special events. This role works closely with the Head of School on major gifts and manages all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship. As a member of the administrative team, this role will interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and will collaborate with the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Anti-racism committee to ensure that materials and collaterals appeal to a culturally broad cross-section of the Nashville community. This is a full-time, exempt, year-round position.
- Manage donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Plan and coordinate fundraising activities
- Manage related internal and external marketing, mailings, and collaterals (including annual fund appeals, promotions and invitations for events, and the annual report of giving)
- Manage donor database
- Provide support to the Head of School for activities related to a capital campaign
- Actively participate in articulating the vision, values, and mission of Linden Waldorf School and inspiring others to serve these goals in the spirit of community
- Oversee departmental budget
- Provide regular monthly progress reports to the Director of Administration for transmission to the Board and Head of School
- Create outreach materials for alumni, donors, and extended community members
- Serve as a member of the administrative team and participate in shared responsibilities that lie therein
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Job Requirements for all Linden Waldorf School Employees—must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, standing, or sitting
- Move about to reach students and/or access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ascend/descend stairs and traverse campus
- Position self as needed, including bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, reaching
- Lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Frequently communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and leadership
- Actively supervise students with focus, even when distractions are present
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time
- It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years professional fundraising or related experience (non-profit sector or independent school experience preferred)
- Must embrace the mission, vision, and values of Linden Waldorf School
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse groups
- Ability to review and analyze data
- Capacity to strategically plan and manage projects, prioritizing effectively to meet goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and donor database management
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com or apply online at https://lindenwaldorf.org/explore/careers.
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education