Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Database Manager assists in training staff on the database, manages the database, and provides technical support related to the database. This is a full-time, regular position, located at the Martha O’Bryan Center. This position reports to the Senior Director of Data and Evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in training staff on the database, including initial onboarding, and at regular intervals.
- Manages 3rd party Developers.
- Completes simple development tasks as needed.
- Communicate with stakeholders [the grants team and direct service staff] to keep data collection and reporting aligned with program requirements.
- Manages the database (Sales Cloud, with NPSP and Exponent Case Management packages) including:
- Maintenance (small changes, data cleanups, new reports and dashboards, etc.)
- Batch uploading/updating as needed to assist staff with large-scale data entry and to maintain continuity with external databases
- User/license and security settings management
- Stays up to date with Salesforce and Exponent Case Management (ECM) announcements as well as industry developments, particularly in security, and communicates and/or acts on those updates as needed.
- Maintains written policies/user
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Non-profit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Patience, especially when teaching others (for technical and onboarding needs).
- Willingness to assist with emergent needs when requested.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing software, email, and the internet.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule in order to respond to partner and client needs.
- Limited regional travel within Middle Tennessee (up to 10%).
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, our 401(k)-retirement match plan
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00