Family & Children's Service
Family & Children's Service
The Counselor will provide therapeutic services to clients who are referred or self-identified as in need of therapy services. The Counselor will utilize a brief, solution focused model to (1) assist individuals and families(including children) with mental health problems identify their needs, strengths and risk factors, and begin to develop a clearer understanding of the nature of their problems and beginning steps to address them, (2) assist individuals and families(including children) develop a mutual treatment plan and agree to a plan of action focusing on such issues as safety and self-care, family stabilization, life transition adjustment, breaking down problems into manageable parts, obtaining medication or psychiatric assessment as needed, grieving past or current losses, and improving communication and other relationship skills, (3) assist individuals or families (including children) make positive changes as they work toward the outcome of improved management or resolution of their mental health problems, and (4) assist individuals or families (including children) in meeting performance targets as detailed in their respective treatment plans. May provide training and/or consultation to other staff or volunteers when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide brief, solution focused counseling to program participants
- Refer clients, when appropriate, to licensed drug and alcohol treatment centers, domestic violence shelters, and other community treatment centers, or long-term therapeutic service agencies as needed
- Employ a strengths based and participant goal-oriented approach in their work to facilitate participant self-empowerment and sufficiency
- Develop and modify treatment plans, as needed, to address the needs of the client.
- Make accurate assessments and develop and implement effective treatment plans.
- Evaluate treatment progress and outcomes with the client during and at the end of treatment.
- Provide ongoing educational/supportive groups as needed
- Coordinate and conduct presentations for orientations as needed
- Provide in-home therapeutic or supportive services as needed
- Facilitate/Co-facilitate therapeutic groups as needed.
- Establish and maintain an effective treatment relationship.
- Participate in agency staff meetings.
- Regular attendance and reliable transportation required.
This position requires a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field, with 2-3 years of experience working with children, youth and families preferred. Licensed or license eligible preferred.
Position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
- Date Posted: May 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services