Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
Corporate Development Specialist
Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
At Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee, we are more than a great place to work – our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We have been doing this for over 22 years.
Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee is headquartered in Nashville, TN. We serve wish children throughout 38 counties in the middle of the state. The Development team is committed to raising the funds needed to grant the wish of every eligible child.
The Corporate Development Specialist raises funds from corporations in the Middle Tennessee service area through corporate and corporate foundation giving, workplace giving programs, cause marketing campaigns, and national corporate partnerships.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Corporate Development Specialist, you will:
- Develop strategies and implement plans to cultivate, upgrade and acquire corporate giving strategies inclusive of matching gift opportunities, general corporate giving, and corporate foundation giving.
- Work with Make-A-Wish America to promote national partnerships on a local level. Act as Chapter Lead on these national corporate alliances by relaying relevant information.
- Cultivate and implement all Cause Marketing campaigns in Middle Tennessee ensuring compliance with MAWA and BBB standards.
- Support event sponsorship prospect identification.
- Work with development team to drive growth to achieve chapter revenue goals.
- Assist the Development team with donor stewardship.
- Represent the chapter positively at speaking engagements and presentations to various groups and donors.
- Attend fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Prepare regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years of fundraising, sales, business development, or account management experience.
- Ideal candidates bring significant skill and experience in presenting to and managing relationships with corporations and senior executives.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Manage multiple priorities efficiently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish.
- Thorough understanding of the Middle Tennessee community.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Experience in Salesforce preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- Paid time off: Vacation – 20 days per year (accrued), increasing with tenure and 10 holidays per year.
- Comprehensive benefit package that is paid for by the chapter, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Simple IRA, including a match after completion of three months of service.
- Employee awards and recognition programs.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to President & CEO, Beth Torres at email@example.com Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Date Posted: September 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 35 hours/week; 8:30-5:30 M-Th, 9:00-12:00 Friday