Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for a full-time Cook to join our Women’s Campus Operations team. The Cook is responsible for managing the food service and kitchen activities. The candidate will oversee the preparation of nutritious meals on each shift, manage the food/supply inventories, and maintain records and incident reports daily. Are you the right person?
You’re Detail Oriented
The Cook will be responsible for directing and supervising Life Recovery Program participants during work therapy in order to provide a sanitary, clean environment for the Women’s facility. The Cook will also order and maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and sanitary items needed for the daily operations of the facility.
You’re A Trainer
The ideal candidate for this position is responsible for directing and supervising Life Recovery Program participants in cleaning and maintaining the facility, so possessing an interest in training and managing others is important. A person who enjoys working with and mentoring others is a good candidate for this job. You must be able to handle disruptions or unexpected needs when they arise for the Mission.
You’re Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to Life Recovery Program participants and Mission guests. Are you prepared to share your testimony?
- Receives food orders and donations and stores in clean and sanitary areas; keeping areas well organized.
- Instructs those working in the kitchen in Health Department standards, food preparation methods, and cooking.
- Oversees preparation and daily use of perishable food.
- Keeps Director informed of kitchen problems and needs; assists in resolving complaints.
- Maintains knowledge of current Health Department regulations.
- Maintains good work relationships with work therapy crews, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintains kitchen equipment in good working order.
- Submits written reports as required by manager.
- Applies good business and management practices to the food service function.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Committed Christian open to sharing hope to those hurting.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One year experience in food service preferred.
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 40 pounds or less; manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, such as computers (Microsoft Word and Excel), copiers, and printers.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee. We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, visit our Career page or email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)