Nashville Public Radio
Nashville Public Radio
Nashville Public Radio (WPLN News, WNXP, Nashville Classical Radio) is in high-growth mode, doubling our size in the last two years and heading toward even more stratospheric goals. As our new Controller, you will help our organization expand smartly and strategize on how to financially support bigger and better work.
On the numbers side: You will assist our VP of Finance in preparing the budget and preparing and overseeing financial statements, invoices, processing payments, managing benefit programs, working on the annual audit, and overseeing all revenue recording from corporate sponsorship and member donations. Nashville Public Radio is a local nonprofit with a Board of Directors, and you will work closely with the Board’s finance committee in preparing documents to address the Board’s fiduciary responsibility.
On the people side: You will be part of the core leadership team driving team member development, including problem solving, ideation and people strategy. You will follow, support and communicate people policies and procedures and work closely with department heads in monthly expense budgeting and reviews. And Nashville Public Radio is a public service organization whose staff has both grown and become more diverse in recent years. An understanding of public radio’s mission and of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in nonprofit work is a must.
- Participate in the business planning process working closely with VP of Finance and Department Heads to develop budgets that support annual work plans.
- Develop internal controls, procedures and systems to improve overall financial accountability and fraud prevention
- Remain current with nonprofit audit best practices and state/federal laws regarding nonprofit operations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare necessary budget spreadsheets, analysis and presentation materials for Board of Directors. Track progress of budgeted throughout the year, sending monthly updates to Department Heads.
- Work with accounting staff in recording all invoices and processing all payments
- Work with accounting staff in reconciling credit card statements and expense reports
- Oversee payroll processing; timesheets; time-off request system, payroll changes, retirement contributions and recording entries in general ledger system.
- Develop new electronic processes for tracking expenses and payments.
- Work with vendors overseeing cash accounts and endowment.
- Manage with outside vendors our benefit programs.
- Maintain strong working relationships with leadership team and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business and people development challenges.
- Mentor, develop, and support all employees within the business function.
- Fully support and engage in organization diversity, equity, and inclusion activities, initiatives, and educational opportunities.
- Fully participate in and support onboarding of new employees.
- Follow and support all HR policies, processes, and procedures.
Minimum 3 years related experience. A bachelor’s degree, in accouting preferred.
Excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k).
How to Apply
To apply please send to email@example.com the following information by October 31, 2021:
- Cover Letter
- Date Posted: October 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 11/15/2021
- Salary Range: $92,000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 5 pm with flexibility