Project Connect Nashville
Connection Manager, Madison
Project Connect Nashville
Project Connect Nashville breaks the poverty cycle through relationships, resources, and education in partnership with the local church.
The Connection Manager is responsible for establishing client relationships in the Madison community, which includes overseeing intake and needs assessment, caring for immediate needs, and pointing clients toward hope. The Connection Manager is the first stop for clients who need acute assistance with needs such as: emergency shelter, healthcare, SSI/DI applications, and obtaining ID, birth certificate, or driver’s license. The Connection Manager also walks with clients long-term toward hope and stability and, under the direction of the Program Manager, connects them with appropriate resources for housing, living wage employment, transportation, healthy family life, spiritual formation, mentorship and more. The Connection Manager assists with client recruitment for educational programming by spending time out of the office in the community getting to know people and posting flyers around the community and at local partner organization sites.
- Build strong relationships with clients and potential clients to point them toward hope and stability.
- Oversee and complete client intake process including filling out proper forms, completing a needs assessment, caring for immediate needs, informing them of our program’s benefits, and praying with them.
- Stay in touch and follow up with clients to plug them into PCN classes and the long-term program when appropriate.
- Meet with program participants twice a month to check in, review their budget, set goals, address challenges, and encourage them.
- Connect clients to housing opportunities – both emergency, transitional, and long-term.
- Ensure that client’s physical and mental health needs are cared for by coordinating services and/or referring to partner organizations when appropriate.
- Input client information, status, goals, and achievements into PCN database.
- Refer clients to partner organizations when necessary.
- Update key team members with client progress or concerns at client care meetings.
- Work with the Program Manager to provide leads on employment connections for clients and ensure clients are aware of openings with our partner employers.
- Participate in local outreach to develop relationships with clients, potential clients, and volunteers.
- Recruit clients to join classes through networking, client referral, canvassing and flyers at key locations.
- Attend trainings to further knowledge base and to become certified to teach classes periodically.
- Work closely with PCN staff to provide excellence in leadership for outreach into the local community and as clients disperse into other areas of Nashville.
- Attend regular staff meetings and client care meetings – bring client issues for group think and address programming successes, needs, or concerns.
- In collaboration with PCN staff, communicate effectively with local congregations and community organizations regarding mission and outreach opportunities and help the church re-think how it connects and does outreach.
- Assist leadership with tracking data useful for reporting to churches, granting agencies and other stakeholders.
- Foster a spirit of collaboration with volunteers by empowering and encouraging them as they build relationships with clients.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the under-served and in full agreement with PCN’s mission and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Servant heart.
- Experience with case management is preferred.
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and monthly sabbatical days
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, and Life
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Ministry-minded and team-oriented workplace
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Zach Bevill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: February 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: Office hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. PCN has Sunday evening classes (4 - 7 p.m.) with occasional breaks, and there are also occasional Saturday functions.