Nashville Rescue Mission
Community Living Advocate – Women’s Life Recovery Program
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking part-time Community Living Advocates to join our Women’s Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
Friday and Saturday, 11:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
You’re Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to Life Recovery Program participants. Are you prepared to share your testimony? Share with program participants the love of Christ?
You’re A Great Communicator
When a life recovery participant needs to talk, can you stop what you’re doing and listen? Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to communicate with a variety of other staff members in different capacities, so the transition between staff is seamless.
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position monitors and readily corrects program participants when necessary and can do it with grace.
You’re A Leader
There are times when you will need to put out fires and maintain morale. A strong leader will demonstrate empathy and patience in dealing with those who might not share their vision. They motivate rather than criticize, because strong leaders understand the effect they have on the people around them.
- Continuously makes rounds of the facility and is continuously seen throughout the entire program (i.e. work therapy, common areas, dorms, etc.)
- Conducts Life Recovery Program counseling, as needed, i.e. conflict/problem resolution.
- Assists in the disciplinary process flow when necessary.
- Assists in scheduled and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Participates in special events, activities and meetings, including staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees as requested by the Director/Senior Director.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position.
- Medication observation.
- Monitors participant’s visitation time.
- Monitors program chore supplies and dorm cleaning supplies and refills when needed. Check on completion of program chores.
- Monitor computer lab and TV times.
- Check on participants taking sick day and drug test.
- In the event the Receptionist (second shift) is unable to work their assigned shift and no other replacement can be found, the Community Living Advocate (second shift) may be assigned to additionally perform the following duties:
- Answer incoming phones and direct accordingly.
- Monitor security cameras for the campus.
- Allow access to those authorized to enter the building, such as staff, program, transitional housing participants, volunteers, community service and law enforcement.
- Accept donations and write receipts.
- Administer over-the-counter medications.
- Log daily events in ClientTrack.
- Check participants purse/bags and preforms Breathalyzer upon return from any off property pass.
- Monitor sign in/out for off the property passes and outside areas for participants, including Transitional House.
- Monitor participant’s phone usage.
- Committed Christian in sharing the love of Christ.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
- Preferred, 2-3 years of experience in biblical recovery.
Regularly include standing, walking, sitting and climbing stairs. Regularly includes reading, typing/computer usage, speaking, lifting up to 25 pounds. Able to drive a 15 passenger van.
Other Part-Time employees are ineligible for any benefit programs of the Mission, other than those legally mandated such as Social Security and Workers Compensation Insurance, and 403(b)(7) retirement plan, provided they meet any applicable eligibility requirements.
Other Part-Time employees are eligible for Nashville Rescue Mission’s Employee Assistance Plan.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: March 29, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $13.14 - $16.43
- Working Hours: Friday and Saturday, 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. OR Saturday and Sunday, 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.