Nashville Rescue Mission
Community Living Advocate – Men’s Life Recovery Program
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Community Living Advocate to join our Men’s Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
You Are Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to Life Recovery Program participants. Are you prepared to share your testimony? Conduct aftercare groups? Maybe even teach a class?
You’re A Great Communicator
When a Life Recovery Program participant needs to talk, can you stop what you’re doing and listen? Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to communicate with a variety of other staff members in different capacities, so the transition between staff is seamless.
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position monitors and readily corrects Life Recovery Program participants when necessary and can do it with grace.
You’re A Leader
There are times when you will need to put out fires and maintain morale. A strong leader will demonstrate empathy and patience in dealing with those who might not share their vision. They motivate rather than criticize, because strong leaders understand the effect they have on the people around them.
- Monitors and checks each Life Recovery Program room at least once a month. Keeps records of each inspection and follows up on those which need special attention.
- Continuously makes rounds of the facility and is continuously seen throughout the entire Program (ie. work therapy, common areas, dorms, etc.)
- Conducts Life Recovery Program counseling, as needed, i.e. conflict/problem resolution.
- Helps lead/direct aftercare meetings as needed.
- Delivers mail/packages to Life Recovery Program participants counselor as it arrives.
- Assists in scheduled and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Performs random bed checks at curfew.
- Helps maintain and update ClientTrack, including work schedule and overnight passes.
- Works with/assist evening guest speakers as needed.
- Participates in special events, activities and meetings, including staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees as requested by the Director/Senior Director.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position.
- Performing breathalyzer test as participants return from pass.
- Collecting UA’s from participant as directed by Supervisor.
- Answering the telephone.
- Performing roll calls.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED with preferred 2 – 3 years in Biblical Recovery.
- Moderate reading and writing skills.
- Basic office equipment and typing/computer usage.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Physical Factors: Regularly include standing, walking, sitting and climbing stairs. Regularly includes reading, typing/computer usage, speaking, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: March 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $13.14 - $16.43
- Working Hours: Wednesday - Sunday, 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.