Cosecha Community Development
Community Garden Site Manager
Cosecha Community Development
Manage the implementation of Cosecha’s Community Garden Program and coordination of all community garden volunteers at designated garden site; effectively carry out the mission and vision of Cosecha through our partnerships and Community Garden Program; establish that involving students, their families, and neighbors is the highest priority in this work. This is a seasonal part-time hourly position, May through October, 2021.
Position Overview: Manage the implementation of Cosecha’s Community Garden Program and coordination of all community garden volunteers at designated garden site; effectively carry out the mission and vision of Cosecha through our partnerships and Community Garden Program; establish that involving students, their families, and neighbors is the highest priority in this work. This is a seasonal part-time hourly position, May through October, 2021.
Essential Job Functions
Garden Site Management
● Manage Community Garden Program at designated garden site by working with the Executive Director and both Cosecha and partner staff and volunteers in implementing an organized community garden program.
● Foster and manage the community gardens at designated garden site during the growing season of 2021, ensuring that gardens are clean, organized, and conducive for schools to facilitate learning. Perform work needed in the gardens, visiting designated garden site a minimum of three times per week to perform gardening work and engage volunteers, staff, students, and families.
● Work with the Executive Director and staff in recruiting and coordinating volunteers for the garden program. Manage community garden volunteers to ensure the success and growth of the community garden program; creatively work towards solutions together with Community Garden & Market Team to ensure that concerns and needs are being addressed on a regular basis. Oversee and ensure that community garden program volunteers are receiving the training they need to effectively carry out their work and lead an excellent program.
● Create and maintain a good, working relationship with Cosecha’s community partners. Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, families, and neighbors involved with community gardens.
● Through a Christian Community Development (ccda.org) approach, encourage and cultivate empowering opportunities for students, families, and neighbors to be involved through meaningful pieces of the work.
● Work alongside the Community Garden & Market Team to begin the development of a cohesive structure and plan for the Community Garden Program, ensuring that there are effective tools to measure the success and growth of the program. Intentionally communicate any information and data gathered with the Executive Director.
● Work with Executive Director to manage program within the approved budget.
● Perform administrative and fundraising duties as needed to help further the Community Garden Program of Cosecha to carry out the mission of the organization.
● Work with Executive Director to publicize community garden engagement opportunities through social media, neighborhood flyers, signs, and other media as appropriate.
● Work alongside Executive Director, staff, and Community Garden & Market Team to implement the Cosecha Community Market.
● Assist the Executive Director in hiring any additional personnel needed for the Community Garden Team.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the neighborhood and organization.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
● A commitment to the Christian Faith;
● An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development;
● A demonstrated commitment to engagement in the neighborhood with preference for living in the community served;
● Gardening knowledge, experience, and ability to perform physical work required for garden maintenance;
● Fluency in Spanish preferred. Some knowledge of the Spanish language required.
● Experience working in an urban or culturally diverse setting with a proven track record of effective program and volunteer management.
How to Apply
Email resume and statement of faith to Courtney Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: May 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/24/2021
- Salary Range: $15 per hour
- Working Hours: 15 - 30 hours / week