Community Engagement Coordinator
Working from the Nashville campus and reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the incoming Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and implementing all volunteer-related programming and events associated with Dismas House of Nashville. We are looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families. Responsible for planning and coordinating volunteer efforts and effectively communicating with volunteers, residents and Dismas staff as well as supporting the VP of Operations in some day-to-day responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evenings and an occasional weekend as needed.
- Organizes, coordinates, and implements the recruitment of volunteers for departments and programs. Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Main point of contact for all volunteers and volunteer activities.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Oversees the orientation and training programs for all volunteers including updating the Volunteer Handbook and leading Volunteer training.
- Oversees and coordinates Volunteer Community Dinners.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Works with Special Events Coordinator to plan the annual volunteer recognition program.
- Promotes volunteering internally and externally through recruitment, publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Prepares specialized reports and presentations as it relates to the progress of projects and initiatives.
- Provides tours to present donors, community partners, future volunteers, and board members.
- Recruits volunteers for mentorship program.
- Establishes, grow and nurture second chance jobs partnerships.
- Tracks feedback for all volunteer programs
- Develop and implement community service programs by coordinating with local non- profit agencies.
- Assists VP of Operations with collection of resident program fees and other operational tasks.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans to meet the needs of work effort.
- Develops and maintain In Kind donation database, establish monetary value (Dismas purpose), and issue letters and thank you notes.
- Assists the VP of Operations in writing volunteer job descriptions & setting organizational goals.
- Other duties that occur, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent job experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with volunteers and providing volunteer leadership in a non- profit setting.
- Effective presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the board, staff, volunteers, and the general public in a concise, focused, and convincing manner.
- Individual must possess a high degree of initiative and have a positive attitude, good flexibility and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to the mission of Dismas House.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to continuously improve systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs.
- Experience with volunteer or project management, implementation, and/or coordination.
- Ability to create effective written communication.
- Must have good driving record.
Full insurance package including health, dental, vision, HAS and short-term disability.
Paid holiday and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/09/2021
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week