Pet Community Center
Community Cat Program Coordinator
Pet Community Center
Pet Community Center is a highly respected nonprofit that operates a high-volume, low-cost spay/neuter and vaccine clinic for pets in Davidson County. One of our priorities is serving Nashville’s free-roaming cats through our Community Cat Program. We are looking for a compassionate, highly motivated animal lover to coordinate the details related to the Community Cat Program, including caring for the cats during their stay at the clinic, transporting cats, coordinating with volunteers and public trappers, providing excellent customer service, and conducting community outreach and education.
- Greet clients, assist with pre-operative paperwork, and check in cats assessing for sex, weight, and medical concerns.
- Oversee care of all community cats pre- and post-op (feeding, cleaning cages/traps, etc.) while they are at Pet Community Center.
- Teach weekly class to volunteers and the public about how to use traps and how to safely conduct Trap Neuter Return (TNR) activities.
- Maintain a trap bank including cleaning and sanitizing traps, recording traps that are loaned out, and following up with clients who have traps that need to be returned.
- Enter detailed client and animal information into PCC databases.
- Communicate with medical and support staff about surgery flow and patient needs.
- Communicate with clients about medical care, pick up times and facilitate the check out process.
- Communicate with community members regarding our Return to Field (RTF) program with Metro Animal Care and Control, then return cats to the area where they were trapped.
- Implement PCC’s philosophies in customer service by demonstrating a non-judgmental, service-based approach to helping pets and people.
- Coordinate with other PCC programs (Food Bank and Pets for Life) to ensure cohesion and effective communication.
- Train Community Cat Program volunteers, and communicate with them regularly re: scheduling, duties, and trapping support.
- Keep inventory of Community Cat Program (CCP) supplies.
- Conduct trapping projects as needed and follow all Pet Community Center (PCC) procedures and policies for humane trapping.
- Drive company vehicle to designated locations within Davidson County to return community cats after they have recovered from spay/neuter surgery. Follow protocols for returning cats.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness
- All other duties as assigned
- Client Education
a. Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
b. Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to caretakers and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
c. Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
- Physical Requirements
a. Must be able to work standing or sitting for 10 hours per day
b. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds repeatedly throughout the day without help and up to 50 pounds with help.
c. Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly
d. Must be able to see fine detail in a variety of situations
e. Must be able to spend periods of time outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold.
- Technical Requirements
a. Technical proficiency with PC platforms, as well as Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
b. Neat penmanship
c. Must be able to answer and respond to 2 phone lines and use email.
d. Must have and maintain a valid TN drivers license and clean driving record.
e. Database experience is a plus
- Other requirements:
a. Must be punctual, dependable and honest
b. Must have a flexible schedule (transports involve both early mornings and late afternoons depending on the number of cats that need to be returned)
c. Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner
d. Must have good social skills and knowledge of TNR to explain our program to citizens inquiring about the Community Cat Program.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Katie Tucker at Katie.T@petcommunitycenter.org
- Date Posted: January 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: 38,500-40,000