Barbershop Harmony Society
Community Care Coordinator
Barbershop Harmony Society
Founded in 1938, the Barbershop Harmony Society (BHS) is an arts education and performance organization with more than 13,000 singers in over 1,600 singing communities throughout North America. Our strategic vision of Everyone in Harmony is built upon four foundational concepts:
- Preservation and Encouragement [of the Barbershop style] through Participation and Engagement
- Building Singing Communities
- Driving Impact through Programs
- Supporting a Whole World of Singing
This is a full time, non-exempt position devoted to supporting BHS members through proactive communication and engagement with singing community leaders. As the first point of contact for our passionate singers (think of Barbershoppers as “professional hobbyists”) the Community Care Coordinator provides support to customers, members, and volunteer leaders by answering questions about membership and singing communities. Other areas include completion of special projects and reports, processing of membership documents, navigating the membership database and underlying CRM (Salesforce), email and written correspondence, telephones, and various duties as assigned.
This position has on site responsibilities and is not a remote position.
- Represent the “face and voice” of the Barbershop Harmony Society to members, prospective members, volunteer leaders, and all persons interested in barbershop
- Respond to questions and concerns via mail, email, fax, and primarily phone calls; return voicemails in a timely fashion
- Troubleshoot problems with excellent attention to detail to provide a high level of customer satisfaction and data accuracy
- Take initiative to plan and accomplish personal goals and special projects for the benefit of the company as determined with the Director of Membership
- Process orders and answer questions related to subscription operations: member applications and renewals, singing communities (chapters, choruses, quartets)
- Attract new and repeat customers by answering product/service questions
- Navigate the membership platform (Member Center) and underlying customer relationship management tool (Salesforce)
- Two years customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pleasant telephone voice/manner
- Ability to remain calm, cool, and collected under pressure
- Strong ability to work independently and on a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Barbershop Harmony Society preferred
- Passionate about music/singing definitely a plus!
- Competitive compensation package
- 10 days of paid vacation (eligible after 90-day probation period, prorated during first year of employment)
- 8 paid holidays and December 24 – January 1 off
- 8 paid sick days per year
- 100% company funded individual health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Optional short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401K plan with 3% safe harbor contribution and discretionary and company matches that could aggregate up to an additional 6% (9% total)
- High-engagement staff environment with regular team building and social activities throughout the year
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply
As a key component of our vision of Everyone in Harmony, the Barbershop Harmony Society is committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that employees who feel valued and encouraged to share their ideas are empowered to foster innovation that leads to both personal and professional growth.
The Barbershop Harmony Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please click here to apply: https://barbershopharmonysociety.submittable.com/submit/198605/community-care-coordinator.
*Cover letter and resume are required. The application window will close September 30, 2021.
- Date Posted: September 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Salary Range: 31,000-33,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8am - 5pm