Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
Community Art Event Coordinator
Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
The Healing Arts Project, Inc. seeks a person with professional art training and experience handling art. This position requires a person to have the ability to work up to 32 hours a week in a permanent contract position.
HAPI provides free classes taught by a professional artist to a person with mental illness. Additionally, HAPI encourages and advances HAPI artists by curating, managing, and promoting public exhibitions of their work across Tennessee. Exhibits close to peer support centers allow artists and their peers to view their art in public. Public display of their work builds artists’ confidence and pride in their abilities and brings a new degree of respect and support from their own family and friends.
Position Title: Community Art Event Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
- Manages Instructor relationships: Assist Executive Director (ED) with recruiting/scheduling art instructors and interns, and volunteers interested in teaching/assisting teachers.
- Review and approve art curriculum submitted by instructors.
- Review and approve art supply list submitted by instructors.
- Collecting class data attendance, demographics, surveys, and art student rubric
- Collect instructor invoices from teachers no later than five days after the 1st and 15th of the month.
- Coordinate with Art Inventory/ Volunteer Manager and art teachers to collect artwork from classes.
- End of each teaching term, teachers will select a few pieces from the participants that HAPI would have on loan or add to the permanent collection. To be exhibited, added to the online store or TAADAS store.
- Identify, procure, and schedule public HAPI artwork exhibitions throughout Tennessee.
- Keep an ongoing calendar of public exhibits, prepare artist profiles and artist statements.
- Build positive relationships with community partners (i.e., educational institutions, coffee houses, wellness clinics, libraries) to procure exhibit space.
- Frame art with the help of volunteers and partner framing business
- Select, curate, and hang exhibits with all public information (title blocks and sales sheets)
- Select marketing material to leave onsite during the stay of the exhibition.
- Work with Marketing and store manager to publicize and market HAPI artist, exhibitions, events, HAPI website, and mission.
- Community Outreach: meet with community organizations to learn about their mission and share information about HAPI’s mission.
- Meet with agencies to build a positive, collaborative working relationship.
- Disseminate information about our programs to the community.
- Schedule and follow through with onsite/virtual presentations about HAPI.
- Networks in the communities to raise awareness (exhibits, presentations, 1:1 networking) and promote HAPI artists in mental health and addiction recovery to maximize the self-respect and self-confidence of the artist.
- Assist the Executive Director with developing and implementing programming in alignment with HAPI’s mission and goals.
- Assist TDMHSAS in sponsoring Art for Awareness with take-home art bags for participants and outreach to legislative offices for art display
- Assist HAPI’s team with annual events (i.e., Service of Hope, Recovery Fest, Art Workshops, Gala, and any other future projects)
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Self-directed style, ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently with only moderate direction or supervision. Effectively follows through on assignments.
- Experience with personal or family mental illness is desirable.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and ability to identify and avoid conflict of interest.
- Work experience in customer relations, outreach,
- Bachelor’s Degree in an arts-related program or preferred, and a minimum of two years’ experience work/volunteer experience in the arts community.
Valid Driver License and reliable transportation
Ability to maneuver or lift 50 pounds.
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Working 70% of the time in the community
Travel within the state of TN (other cities)
How to Apply
If interested please send your resume to:
- Date Posted: June 2, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/30/2021
- Working Hours: 32