Tennessee Hospital Association
Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant, TCPS
Tennessee Hospital Association
EOE: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet
The mission of the Tennessee Center for Patient Safety (TCPS) is to advance Tennessee hospitals’ adoption of proven strategies that enhance the reliability, safety and quality of care received by patients. The TCPS provides extensive education, resources and direct support to hospitals to accomplish the mission of better outcomes for patients.
The Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide range of duties to support the mission of the TCPS and communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders. Working under direction, the coordinator:
- distributes communications materials for the TCPS and its programs, including marketing materials and social media postings
- sends out the weekly electronic newsletter and maintains the department’s websites
- works closely with other THA departments to align efforts with THA’s overall strategy and branding as well as event coordination
- is responsible for the logistics and coordination of department meetings and events
- provides administrative assistance to the Sr. VP for Clinical Services, the VP for Operations and other TCPS staff, including meeting planning, calendar management, running webinars and record maintenance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (listed in order of importance) List your principal accountabilities; identify what you do, what end results you are accountable for, and how you measure your success.
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
- Formats, revises and distributes the weekly TCPS electronic newsletter.
- Maintains the various TCPS websites.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Sr. VP for Clinical Services and the VP for Operations.
- Responsible for assisting with the creation and distribution of marketing materials/social media postings for TCPS programs, campaigns and events.
- Corresponds regularly with THA members by phone and email.
- Maintains the TCPS calendar, scheduling events/rooms/virtual platforms and avoiding conflicts within the department, THA and partner organization events.
- Prepares and distributes electronic letters and memos to targeted audiences.
- Manages logistics for meetings and education events (in person and virtual) including marketing memos, registration, room reservations, catering and administrative tasks.
- Maintains various records, including attendee lists, expense reimbursements and the like.
- Pulls information from THA contacts database and provides info for updating the database. Maintains additional contact lists, as needed.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and room reservations.
- Assists other TCPS staff with various administrative functions.
- Takes photos and videos of TCPS events for publications and social media.
- Assists with TCPS sections of THA reports, publications and website.
- Schedules and runs webinars and virtual meetings. Coordinates logistics provides technical/platform support during meetings and distributes follow up materials.
- Prepares purchase orders, expense forms and check requests.
- Builds and administers surveys in Survey Monkey.
- Must be available in the office during regular office hours, unless job responsibilities require otherwise, or hybrid work arrangement is in place.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel approximately 4 percent of the time, including overnight, be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Assists with identifying potential success stories and best practices. Develops content for TCPS newsletter and website.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Department to promote national campaigns/recognitions days and weeks.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fills in at the company switchboard when needed.
- Assigned responsibilities at THA Annual Meeting.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
Educational and experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in communications/social media preferred.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communications skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, etc.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with website design.
- Experience with social media marketing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and have excellent follow through.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to carry out multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be highly skilled and experienced in Microsoft Office computer programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Short- and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/09/2021
- Working Hours: 38.75 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00 am-4:45 pm