Monroe Harding Inc
Monroe Harding Inc
Monroe Harding’s mission is to change young people’s lives. Our cause is to ensure that foster care youth and other vulnerable young people build a solid foundation of strengths that position them for success in adulthood. Our cause and mission are accomplished through trauma and resiliency informed programs and services in foster care, supportive housing, clinical emotional and mental health support services, and education, career development, and life skills support services.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for raising public awareness and telling the story of Monroe Harding as well as implementing the organization’s donor relations functions . This is accomplished by creating strong, compelling messaging and collateral materials for use by staff and volunteers in their communications about the organization, in marketing and fundraising initiatives for all the programs and services to create a cohesive brand, and in timely and effective communications to donors and other stakeholders.
Website & Social Media Content
- Develop, manage and maintain all online communication vehicles
- Work with website design vendors to implement design changes to the website. Develop new content and oversee website. Write new stories, create new pages, and solicit updates from other departments.
Marketing & Communications Publications
- Develop a strategy, in conjunction with CEO and Sr. Director of Development and Communications, to broaden awareness of the organization and its mission.
- Work alongside marketing committee to achieve success in developed strategy
- Set standards for and create a cohesive image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles
- Ensure that all promotional materials are aligned with company’s brand identity
- Identify, write and review stories to personalize the mission in external communications (newsletters, grants, email campaigns, donor thank you notes and executive correspondence).
- Communicate Monroe Harding’s core messages to ensure organizational consistency
- Develop focused marketing initiatives, in conjunction with CEO and Program Directors, to support each program’s goals and needs, while keeping a consistent message for the organization.
- Oversees creative design for the organization’s marketing & promotional materials and fundraising campaigns to ensure consistency and heighten impact.
- Write content for radio and print ads, in conjunction with CEO and Sr. Director of Development and Communications
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director of Development and Communications, develop and implement an integrated internal and external strategic communications plan to advance to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of programs and services, increase the visibility and priority of programs among key stakeholder audiences.
- Along with the Sr. Director of Development and Communications, create marketing/public relations/communications strategy that supports and is consistent with Monroe Harding goals, mission, and vision.
- In conjunction with development department, plan, initiate and manage the marketing activities for major events.
- Proactively provide innovation across all communication vehicles and provide competitive insight into communications and branding strategies.
- Coordinate correspondence with donors, including, but not limited to, general correspondence, appeals, thank you letters, surveys, donor updates, newsletters, and maintaining the mailing lists.
- Manage internal and external donor websites.
- Manage the donor database. This includes entering potential donors, recording donations, contact information and/or demographic information, setting up new campaigns, funds, and appeals and tracking this data, performing queries for various gift appeals, generating reports, and generating donor acknowledgements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of successful communications/marketing experience.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading as well as strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Familiarity with all print and digital communications platforms
Written and Verbal Communication
Managing Vision and Purpose
Ability to Build Rapport
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
Monroe Harding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted: April 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services