Tennessee Justice Center
Tennessee Justice Center
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with vulnerable Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire a Client Advocate to work directly with the very clients who inspire us and drive the work that we do. If you’re compassionate, enjoy helping people and have an eye for details, then this could be the job for you. This position reports directly to our Casework Supervisor and interacts regularly with our super smart legal team.
A typical day might look like:
- Taking calls from clients requesting help accessing their healthcare benefits
- Interviewing and advising clients on how to navigate the TennCare system
- Brainstorming ways to help clients with our internal team of attorneys
- Documenting detailed information about a client’s case in our Salesforce database
- Working alongside community organizers to advocate for improved health laws
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy going above and beyond to help people when they are in crisis
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You have dogged determination and amazing problem-solving skills
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
- You can talk to people all day and it energizes you rather than drains you
This job is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have at least two years’ experience working within a small non-profit environment
- You have worked with vulnerable individuals and families
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “client advocate” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
- Date Posted: September 8, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Legal
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 10/05/2020
- Working Hours: Up to 32 Hours