Chief Development Officer
Reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the agency Leadership team who is responsible for designing and implementing the agency’s development strategy. The nature of this position requires the CDO to be responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospective donors for TN Voices programs. A concentration will be placed on five-figure gifts from corporations, foundations, and events. The CDO should build an annual giving campaign among renewing and prospective donors.
As much as this position involves marketing and public relations, the CDO will also work closely with the agency’s marketing firm and serve as a liaison as they develop content and communication regarding fundraising.
- Overall Development strategy:
- In collaboration with CEO, develop the overall strategy for fundraising in accordance with the mission, objectives, directives and policies of TN Voices develop annual fundraising strategy to meet target goals set forth by CEO and Board of Directors.
- Establish goals for each facet of the strategy
- Establish strategies to reach each goal
- Monitor progress towards the goals regularly
- Work with team to ensure database is updated regularly
- Corporate Fundraising:
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors.
- Develop corporate giving proposals and presentations
- Serve as primary point of contact to corporate partners
- Attend community and statewide functions to network and develop future partnerships.
- Major Gifts:
- Support the CEO in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospective major gifts donors
- Individual Fundraising:
- Identify strategy to advance individual donors
- Manage communications to targeted audience through outreach, campaigns, and visibility to individual donors.
- Manage year end giving campaign
- Manage annual giving
- Annual Events:
- Plan, implement and direct the Green Ribbon gala
- Work with planning committee to advance the reach and raise for the gala
- Plan and direct the Big Payback event
- Plan and direct the Annual Appreciation event
- Implement other events as needed to reach goals
- Manage relationship with marketing firm to ensure the events are properly marketed and reach public awareness
- Ensure that we conform to CARF standards applicable to the services provided.
- Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years of experience in marketing and development or at least ten (10+) years related experience. Grant writing experience preferred. Non-profit organization experience and work history within healthcare preferred. Event planning experience required.
TN Voices is an agency which focuses on not only empowerment of children and their families but also empowerment of our staff. A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Blair Chapman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/01/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm