Sexual Assault Center
Cherished HEARTS Clinical Therapist
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: To provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation, and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives. The incumbent will provide services exclusively to Cherished HEARTS (Healing Enslaved and Repressed Trafficking Survivors) clients and SAC clients, with approximately 70% of time designated for Cherished HEARTS services, and 30% of time designated for SAC clients. Cherished HEARTS clients are served at SAC offices, and staffing time for Cherished HEARTS clients occurs at the office of the Human Trafficking Intervention Court.
Reports to: Clinical Director
- Provide quality and effective therapy, both individual and group, to a variety of clients.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Work collaboratively with Cherished HEARTS, including up to 2 hours per week in clinical staffing.
- Support peers by actively participating in weekly staffing and Team meetings at SAC.
- Participate in scheduled individual supervision with the Clinical Director.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is required to report daily to 101 French Landing Drive, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology, and working towards licensure.
- Active TN Health Related Board independent clinical license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with trauma informed care required.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population is preferred.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware, and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Sexual Assault Center offers excellent paid time off and recognizes 11 holidays throughout the year. SAC provides insurance options including medical, vision, dental, AFLAC, long-term disability, EMDR training, annual professional development, and Clinical Supervision for if you plan to pursue your independent licensure, and 401K.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cherished HEARTS Clinical Therapist Position.”
SAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Sexual Assault Center is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other prioritized populations.
- Date Posted: September 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Starts at $45,000
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, some weekend and evening hours required