Williamson County Association of REALTORS®
Williamson County Association of REALTORS®
Williamson County Association of REALTORS® (WCAR) is seeking a CEO to manage its 2500+ member organization. WCAR is located in beautiful Middle Tennessee just outside of Nashville. The CEO is responsible for all administration and management of the association, based on member needs, with focus on community relations and advocacy. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong financial, human resource and leadership skills.
The Williamson County Association of REALTORS® is a trade association that exists to represent the interests of real estate professionals and those who own or desire to own real property. The association was established in 1962 to provide professional development, dispute resolution, legislative advocacy, communication and community improvement for those it serves. It continues to deliver the same fundamental services, though the details of how they are delivered have changed – and will continue to change – over time.
The association is led by an active and engaged elected board of directors and a professional staff. It is guided by a strategic plan so that all resources are used to best deliver valuable services to those we exist to support.
As the chief salaried executive of the Association, the CEO will oversee and manage the day to day operations. He/she will be responsible for the interaction between staff, membership, the Executive Committee and the BOD. The following general duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage procedures, programs, budgets and policies in response to the strategic plan.
- In conjunction with the BOD, develop long and short-range goals and strategies. Assist with updating the strategic plan. Formulate and implement initiatives to successfully carry out the plan.
- Maintain programs, policies and systems for the efficient operation of the Association. Ensure the Association continuously meets membership needs.
- Recommend and participate in the formulation of policies and make decisions within existing policies as they have been approved by the BOD;
- Communicate effectively with the BOD and provide administrative support to ensure their success.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of trends and developments of the real estate industry. Works closely with the BOD advising and making recommendations on issues impacting the real estate industry.
- Provide insight information, and background for consideration of the BOD in their decision making.
- Ensure all association committees have administrative support.
- Collaborates with national, state and other local associations; participates in state and national meetings.
- Work with a CPA firm and an attorney to support association operations. Alert leadership to new and emerging issues.
- Annually develop a comprehensive budget with volunteer input. Submit for approval.
- Maintains a healthy financial and operational condition of the Association and the 501(c)3 charity arm of the Association.
- Oversee development of capital and operating budgets for the purpose of forecasting financial outcomes. Provides financial reports to leadership and BOD as requested.
- Participates with volunteer leaders in effective and synergistic relationships with local government leaders and legislators; service providers, vendors, consultants and contractors; influential and market-share members/industry leaders and allied real estate groups; media and community groups. Serve as the primary liaison as assigned to related industry associations and professional groups.
- Develops relationships with elected officials to provide information and advocate on behalf of the Association members, mission and strategic plan.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of Political Action Committees (PAC).
- Maintains effective internal and external relationships and communication.
- Oversees and provides resources for support of organizational activity.
- Successfully manages any and all requirements associated with outside partner organizations and maintains a professional working relationship with the staff and elected leadership of those associations.
- Develops and implements programs and events that are in line with the strategic vision of the organization to assure that strategic objectives are attained, plans fulfilled, and member needs met. Develop an effective program of membership development to advance the professional/technical/management skills of the membership.
- Plans organizes, directs and coordinates the staff. Oversee a system of personnel policies, programs and practices to maintain a high level of professional competence, personal commitment and positive morale.
- Fosters a forward-thinking environment in which staff takes initiative; acts innovatively and responsively; and are held accountable.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to prepare them for spokesperson roles to the public and media. Acts as spokesperson for the Association in conjunction with the President and President-Elect.
- Ensure the association is in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations as well as with NAR policies. Ensures governing documents and policies are updated as needed to match the association’s mission and management goals.
- Ensue all assets of the Association are safeguarded.
- Some out of town travel. Around town travel.
Preferred Skills / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- RCE designation
- CAE designation
- REALTOR® Association
- Association Experience (Non-Profit/Trade Organization)
- Strong Financial Background
- Strong HR Background
- Strong Management background
- Proven communications skills, articulate and enthusiastic
- Trustworthy; operates with the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior
- Proven strategic planner and tactical thinker
- Able to manage strong and diverse personalities in a professional manner
- A recognized, well respected leader
- Technologically savvy
- A servant leader
To be negoiated.
How to Apply
Additional Information: Must send Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject: WCAR REALTORS® (Only Complete Applications Will Be Considered).
- Date Posted: May 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Housing