YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Career Success Coach
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
The role of the Career Success Coach is to provide resource connection, case management and psychosocial support to low-income parents of the Family Learning Center and Dress for Success Community Programs. The Career Success Coach will provide case management while assisting parents with crisis situations involving housing; fiscal; education; life skills; medical, dental and mental health services and other needed services to prepare for transition into gainful employment.
The Career Success Coach will assist parents with hands-on services focused on removing barriers in order to help gain independence. This position will also be responsible for administering specific financial support to clients to address barriers facing Family Learning Center and Dress for Success Nashville parents. The Career Success Coach will help clients set attainable, self-identified goals, related to employment and (when appropriate) education.
The Career Success Coach should expect to work as part of the team supporting the economic independence of YW clients.
- Assist clients with accessing community resources, such as healthcare and transportation
- Budget and financial management training for clients
- Assist clients with job searches and enrolling in higher education
- Remove barriers and navigate challenging employment placement & retention issues
- Obtain vital documentation (birth certificates, social security cards, drivers licenses)
- Make mental health referrals
- Facilitate group conversations & trainings, as needed
- Work with clients to set goals
- Work with community partners to build a strong referral network
- Development and maintenance of Individual Program Plans after administering self-sufficiency assessments to identify needs
- Documentation of client meetings and communication to track progress
- Administration of Exit Interviews and Program Follow-ups
- Oversight of program forms, client data and files
- Provide program assistance to the Family Learning Center & Dress for Success as needed
- Professionally represent the YWCA in appropriate attire and conduct at relevant community meetings and forums.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field required. Equivalent experience in the field of employment services and/or case management may be substituted for required degree. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in case management or adult education required.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs and information
- Tolerant of various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the past three years. Must be willing to work non-traditional business hours based for program needs. Local travel up to 20% with use of personal vehicle.
- Propensity for compassion and ability to relate to clients of diverse backgrounds and socio-economic levels
- Ability to motivate clients to follow action plans through interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Understanding of trauma informed care
- Familiarity with other supportive agencies in the Nashville area in order to make referrals, as appropriate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple cases
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of internal and external groups
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Ability to find innovative and creative solutions with limited resources
- Competency with MS Office and database management in order to maintain client records
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Paid Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: September 15, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 40 hrs/wk