Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Career Services Specialist, Clarksville
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Career Services Specialist assists veteran applicants with career guidance, resume development, interview techniques and best practices for gaining job placement. The employee makes networking connections for veterans conducting career searches and/or matches veterans with jobs available primarily in the Clarksville/Montgomery County area depending on the needs of the veteran client. The employee maintains contacts with businesses, veterans and other educational, training and industry/peer support group organizations to ensure the best possible variety of available jobs and network connections for veterans.
- Reviews, interviews and tests veteran applicants to determine skill levels and potential areas for job placement.
- Conducts or arranges for skill and/or aptitude testing of applicants as applicable.
- Records information on applicant’s skills, abilities, interest test results, and other data pertinent to selection and referral of applicants. Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, other qualifications of applicants. Contacts employers to solicit orders for job vacancies, and records information on forms to describe duties, hiring requirements and related data.
- Researches databases, job orders and other sources to locate potential jobs for veterans. Refers selected applicants to human resources departments according to the policy of the organization. Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, work schedules, working conditions, promotional opportunities and other related information.
- Makes networking connections for veterans conducting career searches. Supports OSDTN engagement team networking events.
- Refers applicants to vocational counseling as needed. Interviews job applicants to select those meeting employer qualifications.
- Creates, maintains and updates OSDTN database showing employers who have hired veterans.
- Maintains all necessary records using automated data processing or other means. Analyzes data and produces all needed reports.
- Maintains liaison with companies who have or may employ veterans.
- Provides general employment counseling to veteran applicants who may be disabled, special disabled, displaced, homeless, have recently completed an accredited substance abuse program and others who may have barriers to employment.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in general Human Resources, employee recruiting/retention, and/or job training programs preferred.
This is a full time position.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Date Posted: March 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk