Care Manager, Living at Home Program
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Care Manager. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with the availability to work occasional early morning, evenings, and weekends.
In this role, you will provide care management functions, including administration of in-home and center-based assessments, coordination of formal and informal care providers, advocacy, and follow-up. The Care Manager participates in and implements center-based programs related to social services, identification of services needed, and meeting of needs.
- Screen agency referrals by providing coverage of centralized intake line.
- Administer a comprehensive functional assessment to determine customer eligibility.
- Develop an individualized care plan for customers accepted into the program and modifies plan, as needed.
- Collaborate and consult with customers/clients and their family members, service providers, volunteer groups and others to carry out care plan.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of informal support services, as needed by customers.
- Implement and evaluate evidenced based practices utilized with care management customers.
- Maintain extensive, accurate, and current customer records and submits monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in a timely manner.
- Network with informal and formal service providers to increase quantity and quality of services available. Participate in community and organizational committees.
- Administer follow-up assessments periodically to identify ongoing customer needs and secure additional services.
- Transport customers, as needed.
- Work with assigned FiftyForward Centers in meeting needs of participants by consulting with staff and assessing needs and ability to continue participation or access other services.
- Follow safety policy.
- Adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we require:
- Interest in sensitivity to frail older adults.
- Interest in increasing quality and quantity of in-home services to older adults.
- Knowledge of community social services agencies and Davidson County geographic area.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal/written).
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365.
- Proficiency in time management, organization, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to make visits to private home and institutions where the effects of smoking, pets, and inability to maintain a home can be encountered.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, stand for long periods, lift, ascend/descend stairs and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working with adults aged 50+ preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit social services agency preferred.
- CPR and ServSafe certified or willing to be trained.
- A valid TN driver’s license and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all Centers
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: March 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm, with the availability to work occasional early morning, evenings, and weekends.