End Slavery Tennessee
Care Coordinator Supervisor
End Slavery Tennessee
ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of End Slavery Tennessee is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront slavery in our state. We are an agency focused on professional excellence. The work environment will focus around an inclusive team – all working towards the mission, value, and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Survivor Care
*** Due to the sensitivities of our clientele, this position is open to women only.
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Some car travel required (must operate both personal and staff vehicle).
Work hours are primarily daytime but does require some night or weekend work when on call or assisting a referring partner.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
- Director, staff, and volunteers.
- Law enforcement at all levels.
- Referred clientele.
- Service providers at other organizations
This position will oversee a holistic system of care for the survivors of human trafficking. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing all aspects of our aftercare work, including reviewing, and implementing program policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Developing and overseeing internship programming including recruiting, onboarding, and supervising master level DS interns.
- Maintaining all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner and assisting in tracking outcomes for grant purposes.
- Supervising Survivor Care Coordinators and Transportation Coordinator and ensuring that the direct service team is trained and up to date on trauma informed and strength-based practices.
- Ensuring the direct service team comply with agency policy and procedures through weekly supervision, direct service meetings and daily oversight.
- Coordinating care with therapist(s) and other partner health agencies to ensure a seamless system of care with case management informing treatment and vice versa.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations as needed, for case coordination and response. – Referral policy and procedure
- Mediate client grievances and facilitate case management/client issues in collaboration with the Care Coordinators as needed
The Care Coordinator Supervisor will plan and carry out assignments with little supervision and report regularly to the Director of Survivor Care, including discussion of work progress and/or new problems requiring executive involvement.
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations, and problems. The Survivor Care Coordinator must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems and alternative methods and procedures.
- Establish strong, appropriate, and caring working relationships with victims of human trafficking.
- Work closely with law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels, and other organizations as needed, for case coordination and response.
- Coordinate closely with Management staff and direct service team to carry out the mission and in development of an ever-improving system of care for the survivors we serve.
- Provide effective supervision of direct service team to build and maintain a strong and effective aftercare team.
- Rotating 24/7 emergency on call assistance for direct service team
Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful.
Perform other agency related duties or special projects, as directed by supervisor.
Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- LMSW or other related master’s degree required.
- Excellent, proven managerial skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate best practices around services for at-risk individuals and families.
- Moderate level computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in case management or equivalent position with experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance or human trafficking populations preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of mainstream resources and demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with community providers.
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs dictate.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors.
- Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work.
- Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $46,000-$54,000 range based on a combination of education and experience.
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and dependent on annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position.
Fax: (615) 806-6994
**End Slavery Tennessee recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: December 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/10/2022
- Salary Range: $46,000-$54,000
- Working Hours: 8am-4pm M-F with some evening and weekend on-call