Tenn-Share is a membership organization of more than 600 public, academic, and K-12 libraries across the state. Tenn-Share negotiates group discounts on databases and courier services for its members., and hosts events in the fall. It serves an appreciative population of members, their staff and patrons, and vendors. This is a part-time, work from home, contractor position for a bookkeeper.
- With Treasurer, maintain accuracy and currency of the Tenn-Share checking account.
- With the Executive Director, prepare and submit payroll, 990, W-9 and other tax forms before the deadlines.
- Order W-2, W-3, 1096 and 1099-MISC forms in December.
- Manage staff payroll.
- Collect Tenn-Share mail at least once a week and manage the post office box.
- Enter all transactions from credit cards into Tenn-Share accounting system within one week of receipt.
- Endorse, record and deposit payments received within one week of receipt.
- Maintain vendor and customer records in QuickBooks.
- Collect and record bills from vendors.
- Set up Accounts Payable checks to vendors for database subscriptions in increments when significant or total payments have been received from members.
- Create and send invoices to Tenn-Share members for payments to Tenn-Share as directed by the Executive Director; and remind members when invoices are past due.
- Inform the Executive Director of membership payments at least once a week during May-September.
- Inform the Executive Director of other payments as requested.
- With the Executive Director and Treasurer, prepare annual budget of projected income and expenses for approval by the Finance Committee and the Board at the first meeting of the fiscal year.
- Keep financial records in a timely and thorough manner.
- Mail vendor-supplied materials, e.g., movie licenses, to subscribing libraries.
- Coordinate ACH payments from member libraries.
- Update the accounting system to implement changes in staff salaries and contractor wages at the beginning of the fiscal year or other times during the year.
- Assist Tenn-Share Treasurer, Audit Committee, and Executive Director with financial requirements of the Board of Directors.
- Respond to member and vendor questions.
- Associate’s degree or more
- At least 5 years of experience with accounting processes, including accounts payable, accounts receivable (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Proficiency using accounting software, preferably QuickBooks Online
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable computer
- Ability to work an average of 30 hours per month; 15 hours during slow months; 30 hours during peak months
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and GoogleDrive
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle in good working order
- Internet access
- There is a 3 month probationary period
- Knowing you are appreciated
- This is a contractor, hourly position
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/03/2020
- Salary Range: 18-22/hr