Andrew Jackson Foundation
Andrew Jackson Foundation
The mission of the Andrew Jackson Foundation is to preserve The Hermitage, the home of President Andrew Jackson, to create learning opportunities, and to inspire citizenship through experiencing the life and unique impact of Jackson.
Performs a range of accounting and bookkeeping support functions, overseeing the daily accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, payroll processing and reporting consistent with AJF policies and procedures.
1. General Ledger and Accounting
- Performs General Ledger research and reconciliation.
- Supports preparation of standard and ad hoc management reports through information
verification, proofreading, assembly of documents and other related activities.
- Manages accounts payable processing, verifying purchase orders, invoices and approvals for payment, logging all records into system and preparing checks for mailing.
- Processes and reconciles credit card payments, matching purchases with receipts and approvals.
- Manages all vendor and contract files.
- Enters attendance records.
- Reconciles with invoice from audio company and wagon tours.
2. Accounts Receivable
- Verifies cash and checks processed through ticket office, museum store and donations. Prepares bank deposits, reconciles petty cash.
- Creates journal entries for all receipt transactions.
- Identify and take action relative to delinquent accounts, as outlined by policy.
- . Payroll and Personnel Record Keeping
- Processes timekeeping records and payroll. Reconciles direct deposits.
- Maintains W-9 and liability certificates for each employee and contractor.
- Collects new-hire and termination paperwork and maintains all personnel files.
- Documents leave requests and maintains accrual balances.
- Reconciles health insurance premiums.
- Maintains confidentiality of Hermitage financial and personnel information.
- BA degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- 1 – 3 years general accounting experience.
- Experience in the use of accounting, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications and other financial software programs. Knowledge of e-mail/scheduling software applications. General office equipment knowledge.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and attention to detail; present a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
The Andrew Jackson Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including health and life insurance, paid time off, and participation in a 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm