Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration.
The workforce development position has two overarching responsibilities: 1) establishing new employer relationships, and maintaining and reinvigorating existing relationships with employers to secure employment opportunities for Project Return participants; and 2) partnering with Project Return staff to effectively match participants with employment opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Establishes new relationships, and reinvigorates and maintains existing relationships with employers to develop job opportunities for Project Return participants.
- Implements activities, attends community and networking events, and develops marketing, to cultivate employer connections and employment opportunities.
- Assists Project Return staff with screening and matching participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, and related training and interests.
- Schedules frequent in-person meetings with employers to promote Project Return employment services and to develop job opportunities for participants.
- Partners closely with Project Return co-workers and facilitates a routine process for informing Project Return staff and participants of employment opportunities.
- Achieves monthly employer relationship and job goals, and partners with staff to achieve job acquisition goals.
- Documents, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into Salesforce.
- Communicates routinely to Project Return staff on job development and acquisitions.
- Acts as a liaison among employers, Project Return staff, and participants.
- Identifies and develops a strategic service plan that serves the employment partners’ hire needs.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that are assigned from time to time.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with diverse people and to build relationships; dedication to achieving goals & to being results-oriented; ability to work effectively under pressure; proactive work ethic and strengths-based approach; focus on workforce development by demonstrating respect, fairness, patience, and efficiency to participants, employees, and employers; ability to identify and/or anticipate a problem & when appropriate, identify solutions and implement a course of action; strong attention to detail and quality; ability to effectively network with others and convince them to hire individuals who have criminal records; ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity; ability to bring stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work; willingness to perform regular local and sometimes regional travel.
Health, Vision, Dental, Life
How to Apply
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Nicole Lallatin, and indicate “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: May 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F 8-4:30