Project Return helps people who are coming back to the community from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For nearly four decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. They face nearly insurmountable barriers. Our days are filled with triumph and hard work!
The Bookkeeper will assist with maintaining our financial data and compliance by keeping accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The successful candidate will accurately perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments. Additionally, the Bookkeeper will participate in vendor payment and payroll functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO with accounting activities and reports.
- Maintain and organize financial records in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, categorizing, and processing payments.
- Run summary reports from Salesforce supporting client assistance charged to grants
- Make copies of necessary documentation for remittance with grant invoices
- Enter bank transfers into Quickbooks
- Enter ACH deposits (grant payments, credit card donations, transitional employment partner [TEP] payments)
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- For transitional employees, enter payroll checks and journal entry in Quickbooks
- Reconcile participant assistance charges in Quickbooks and Salesforce
- Maintain organization file formats.
- Retrieve data and generate reports as requested, for review by Project Return leadership.
- Work with program staff and database records to project client assistance spending (by grant)
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
- Assist with compiling reports to inform annual budget process
- Complete Fiscal Close of Month process
- Assist as needed with preparation for annual audit and 990
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sensitivity to cultural and individual difference.
- Self-motivated, team-spirited and creative.
- Strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter addressed to Nicole Lallatin to email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 8-4:30pm