Book Programs Coordinator
The mission of Book’em is to create a more literate Nashville and ignite children’s passion for reading through book ownership and enthusiastic volunteers. We envision a future in Nashville where all children own books and know first-hand the joy and value of reading. For more information about Book’em, please visit www.bookem-kids.org.
Coordinate and manage all aspects of Little Libraries book distribution program and key components of Books for Nashville’s Kids book acquisition and distribution program. Work about 20 hours per week during the regular work week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with owners and representatives of Little Library (LL) sites to determine whether they need books, address any needs and maintain relationships with them
- Pick out books for LL sites, box them up and deliver them
- Solicit and establish additional new LL sites in geographic areas considered book deserts
- Process in book donations and purchases for Books for Nashville’s Kids (BFNK)
- Fulfill book requests for BFNK and notify clients via email to schedule their book pick-ups
- Handle book pick-ups and book drop offs for BFNK
- Manage and organize book inventory in warehouse, office and book room for efficient use of space and productive processing of books and book requests for BFNK
- Update and complete forms and Excel spreadsheets and write reports for LL and BFNK
- Represent Book’em in a professional manner
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned
- About 10 hours per week will be dedicated to LL and about 10 hours per week will be dedicated to BFNK
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Project planning, time management, volunteer or people management and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, as well as ability to work well with a team.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population of volunteers, educators, business leaders and individuals.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance are required. Use of personal vehicle will be required at times.
Education and Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, college student, college degree and/or more.
- One year of work experience in any field is desired.
- Volunteer experience (any type) is desired.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- Above moderate / frequent physical activity.
- Manual dexterity to reach/handle items, work with fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb and balance.
- Final candidate must pass a thorough background check.
Pay: $12.00 / hour for 20 hours / week paid once a month
Book’em does not provide any medical/health benefits. Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company facilities are tobacco-free and gun-free environments.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
How to Apply
Submit resume and letter of interest indicating why you are a good fit for this position to Melissa Spradlin and Stacey Vanyo via email: Melissa@bookem-kids.org and Stacey@bookem-kids.org.
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/02/2020
- Salary Range: $12.00/hour
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm