Parkinson's Foundation TNKY Chapter
Board Member – Parkinson’s Foundation
Parkinson's Foundation TNKY Chapter
We are the Parkinson’s Foundation. A community. An alliance. A movement. Where people living with Parkinson’s, families, caregivers, scientists, advocates, donors and volunteers join forces to improve lives and advance toward a cure.
For over half a century, we’ve made tangible progress on all fronts, from the largest clinical study of Parkinson’s ever, which has significantly improved care, to breakthrough treatments. Today, we continue to
- Provide life-changing support to people living with Parkinson’s and their caregivers
- Fund game-changing research on treatment and care
- Convene the best minds from every corner of the global Parkinson’s community to find new approaches that enhance care and move us closer to a cure.
Everything we do is based on experience and informed by facts. The people we serve deserve nothing less than the highest level of support based on validated research and deep encouragement grounded in reality. Our donors and volunteers need to know that we are 100% accountable. This is why we focus on verifiable outcomes, not vague promises.
In partnership with the entire Parkinson’s community, we are making a real difference in people’s lives. And we have the research, the data – and the stories – to prove it. This is what happens when we all pull together as one global, determined and inspired movement. Better Lives. Together.
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation TNKY Chapter is committed to serving people with Parkinson’s disease and their family members across these states. We partner with Parkinson’s Disease Centers of Excellence, including Vanderbilt Medical Center, to ensure people have access to expert care. We invest in community programs that offer Parkinson’s treatment, care, and therapies; host free educational programs and events throughout the year; and connect people living with Parkinson’s, their care partners and families to free resources and community support. We hold annual awareness and fund-raising events including the Moving Day Nashville walk (October 22), the Parkinson’s Revolution indoor cycling event (February 23rd) as well as several locally produced educational symposiums. In the last five years, the Parkinson’s Foundation has invested more than $2 million in research, better care, and education + empowerment for the TNKY Chapter Parkinson’s Disease (PD) Community. For more information, please visit www.parkinson.org/tnky
The TNKY Chapter Advisory Board is seeking committed volunteers who can help advance our work in TNKY throughout the year. Board members serve as ambassadors for the Parkinson’s community, the chapter, and the Foundation; help advise our local strategy; raise funds and help grow our network; and assist with chapter events and initiatives. We actively seeking geograhic diversity to better represent the entirety of the TNKY Chapter. Meetings are held virtually, though you can participate either virtually or in-person in events throughout the year. Responsibilities include:
· Attend seventy-five percent (75%) of the regularly scheduled meetings.
· Serve as an active member of one committee of the Board.
· Support the Chapter with an annual minimum financial contribution of $1,000 or commit to raising at least $1,000.
· Support chapter fundraising events and programs with your attendance.
· Expand chapter awareness through introductions.
Fundraising / Event Planning / Marketing / Sales / Recruiting / Board Experience
- Directly improve the lives of people with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers.
- Meet new contacts who are passionate about the Foundation’s mission.
- Gain new board service experience.
- Become a resource for people impacted by Parkinson’s disease.
How to Apply
To learn more about Advisory Board membership or to complete an application, contact Amanda Spiehler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 25, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Board Leadership