The F.I.N.D. Design
Black Girl Magic Volunteer and Alumni Engagement Leader – AmeriCorps Member
The F.I.N.D. Design
Do you believe in magic? What about Black Girl Magic? Do you want to work with young black girls and other girls of color to create safe spaces in their schools and community? Help us build safe spaces by becoming an AmeriCorps Member with The F.I.N.D. Design.
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
You will love this service role if you have an ability to interact with women of color through an equitable lense and mindset, are interested in getting into “Good Trouble” for black girls and other girls of color, and are passionate about creating a sustainability plan and program for volunteering & alumni engagement.
This member will be assisting The F.I.N.D. Design Director of Operations with creating a volunteer and alumni engagement program. Volunteers are needed throughout every aspect of The F.I.N.D. Design delivery and program model. The Member will design and create the program and engagement strategy; recruit, present, and onboard volunteers; and create an alumni engagement strategy that includes a 12-month alumni engagement plan.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in project management, program design, volunteer coordination, event planning, and training.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Create a sustainable volunteer and alumni engagement plan
- Develop a recruitment strategy and surveys for volunteers and alumni
- Write standard operating procedures for volunteering and alumni engagement
- Implement systems and platforms to track applicants and engagement
- Design reports for this new department to measure success and opportunities
- Plan volunteer opportunities and alumni engagement events
Typical Day In This Position
A typical day may include meeting with potential volunteers, making alumni calls, submiting weekly/monthly volunteering and alumni relations report, and tracking metrics
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m, with some weekend events with advance notice
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with black girls & other girls of color ages 11-17
(2) Working with people from diverse backgrounds
(3) Proficiency in using Google Office Suite tools like Sheets, Docs and Forms or ability to learn new computer skills quickly.
(4) Solving problems and overcoming challenges
Key abilities include:
(1) Willingness to learn new skills
(2) Ability to utilize a growth mindset and strengths-based approach
(3) Willingness to recognize moments for personal growth and development
Second language skills preferred. Creativity, someone who is a visionary and an implementor, someone who has experience needing their own safe space.
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly incremen
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5