Family & Children's Service
Bilingual Family Advocate – Davidson County Relative Caregiver Program
Family & Children's Service
The Bilingual Family Advocate (BFA) will provide services to support families in maintaining stability through addressing adjustment issues and family conflicts, assisting with accessing services within the community, and advocating on behalf of families within the social service, educational and health system of services. The BFA safeguards the dignity and protects the rights and individuality of each caregiver under his/her care. The BFA promotes client participation in all program services to assist clients in achieving self-sufficiency, emotional well-being and family preservation. The BFA may also provide training and/or support to program participants. The BFA is responsible for facilitating, organizing, and advertising Support Groups for Spanish Speaking families in Davidson County. The BFA must model the Agency values of customer focus, life-long learning, decision making by fact and knowledge, systems perspective and continual improvement in all job duties and interactions internally/externally. Bilingual Spanish/English is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Bilingual Family Advocate provides for planning, coordination, and co-facilitation of support groups for the Davidson County Relative Caregiver Program (DCRCP).
o This includes outreach efforts in order to secure appropriate space for groups and ensure participation.
o Maintain records confirming participation for each group and outreach activity conducted.
• Complete over the phone intakes with families.
• Receive referrals and schedule in-home assessment to determine family needs and assess the safety and well-being of the children and the caregivers.
• Verify eligibility and re-determination of eligibility, complete required documentation, and assist family in completing forms.
• Formulate action plans based on completed assessments with the family and work towards goal attainment of action plan developed.
• Engage Birth Parents as much as possible.
• Assist families in accessing public and private community resources.
• Assist caregivers in obtaining services from and navigating systems of agencies such as DCS, DHS, Juvenile Court, schools, health services, etc.
• Maintain monthly contact with caregivers and children via telephone, home visit, or office visit as determined by the needs of the family.
• Complete quarterly home visits at a minimum or as often as deemed appropriate through family assessment.
• Complete monthly and quarterly data as required by federal, state, and DCRCP guidelines and submit in a timely manner.
• May plan, coordinate and co-facilitate support groups for the Strengthening Families program.
• Assess, analyze, and identify solution strategies to assist families in achieving family preservation, stability and self-sufficiency.
• Provide emotional support to the caregiver and children and assist families with reunification efforts when appropriate.
• Ensure appropriate use of program resources by taking families on shopping trips when assistance is approved.
• May coordinate storage facility and donated items.
• Attend court dates, Child & Family Team meetings (CFTM), Individualized Education Planning meetings (IEP), or other meetings pursuant to the needs of the caregiver and the child(ren).
• Facilitate/Co-facilitate Teen and Youth Activity Groups and Enrichment Activities based on rotating schedule.
• Attend scheduled staff meetings, trainings, and other agency/program meetings.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Supervisor and/or Program Director.
• Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related discipline, or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position is benefits eligible, including medical, vision, dental, 401k with match, generous vacation and holiday policy and more.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
Email to email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services