Nashville Children's Theatre
Audience Services Manager
Nashville Children's Theatre
The Audience Services Manager is an administrative-level position overseeing all points of patron interaction with NCT performances (other than the performance content itself). The position has hiring/training/supervisory responsibility for all Front of House/Box Office staff for both public and school-day performances; maintains a broad array of NCT electronic systems, electronic and non-electronic hardware, and other theatre-owned inventory (i.e. tables, chairs, linens, booster seats, etc.); assists Executive-level leadership with a variety of planning and record-keeping tasks; and takes part in the daily operations of theatrical performances throughout the season. This position directly reports to the Executive Artistic Director.
Recruit, oversee, manage box office and front of house staff including submitted payroll
Coordinates annually with Executive Artistic Director to determine departmental budget needs including FOH & Box Office payroll, FOH & Box Office supplies, and other expenditures.
Maintains accurate records reflecting employee attendance and volunteer participation in Front of House activity and reports volunteer hours to interested parties
Maintain and update online calendar of NCT facility activities
Manages specialty merch items including sourcing items and preparing reports
Finds and purchases specialty merchandising items appropriate for each production
Provides monthly collection of credit card receipts to Director of Finance
Work at least one public performance per show run as House Manager to ensure familiarity with ongoing procedures and environment or as needed.
Assists weekday Front of House staff with all show-related duties.
Ensures daily that lobby, restroom, and auditorium spaces are appropriately clean and set-up for performances.
Coordinates with Executive Artistic Director, Education and School Bookings Coordinator to confirm dates of all upcoming season field trip, Public Drama School performances as well as season ticketing and membership price points and fees.
Builds upcoming season into the ticketing platform.
Prepares monthly attendance statistics, Box Office reports for payment of royalties and statistical archiving.
Ensures that all Box Office equipment is functional and (when appropriate) properly charged for use in performances (i.e. desktop and laptop computers, ticket printers, etc.).
Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Artistic Director.
- Customer Service knowledge and experience preferred
- The ability to interface with patrons, donors, board members, and staff
- Comfort with Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Agile Ticketing software a plus
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen organization, analytic, and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to wear many hats in a fast paced environment;
- Integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Nashville Children’s Theatre.
Health Vision and Dental Benefit
How to Apply
To submit your confidential application, please email the items below in one (1) PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audience Services Manager” in the email subject line.
1) A substantive cover letter including where you found this information, your interest in the position and NCT, salary expectations, the date you are available to start and your current contact information.
2) A professional resume detailing your professional work, including details of projects in which you played a leadership role, descriptions of your duties and how you contributed to the success of the project(s).
3) A list of at least three professional references including mailing address, contact phone number and email, and the nature of your professional affiliation. The references provided will not be contacted without prior notice and approval.
- Date Posted: December 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: 40,000