Explore! Community School
Associate Teacher (2020-21 School Year)
Explore! Community School
Type: Full Time/Instructional
In accordance with the Explore! Community School mission and values, Associate Teachers are instrumental in the development of Explore! Community School as they lead students to phenomenal achievements and the creation of beautiful works as well as being integral partners to the leadership in growth and decision-making processes. Associate Teachers essentially function as another teacher in the classroom under the guidance and support of Lead Teachers. Associate Teachers play a critical role in Explore’s progress towards our mission by implementing and supporting the instructional program, teaching small and whole groups, planning lessons, and providing data management and behavioral support to lead teachers and staff. Explore is committed to building an inclusive and supportive community of educators in which every voice is valued and we are seeking Associate Teachers who are genuinely warm and kind, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, care about having fun at work, have a track record of high performance, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to develop the knowledge and skills that will prepare our students for success in college and beyond.
Check out this video to learn more about our school and culture!
- Support a positive classroom culture that promotes joy, self-discipline, and Explore’s Core Values
- Create and implement engaging whole and small-group lessons
- Manage students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, recess, lunch, field trips) to ensure a safe, supportive, and productive learning environment
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls, conferences, and home visit
- Support lead teachers in grading, data entry and analysis, attendance, and other tasks
- Experience in teaching small groups in math and literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- College degree or currently working toward college degree with educational focus
- Additional skills that enhance students’ academic experience (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at Explore includes a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.marthaobryan.org/careers
- Date Posted: February 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education