Associate of Donor Relations
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Associate of Donor Relations supports the Director of Finance to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
The Associate of Donor Relations represents Show Hope interacting with our donors to update monthly giving information. Additionally the Associate of Donor Relations performs data entry and donor receipting and works on bank deposits. The Associate of Donor Relations member collaborates with the Finance team and Development team members to keep new and existing donor information updated and correct, and reports to the Director of Finance.
The Associate of Donor Relations supports the Director of Finance and Finance team reporting to the Director of Finance, to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
● Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values and strategic plan performing various tasks pertinent to the assigned department working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership and Director of the department.
● Support other Show Hope departments and staff in initiatives directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
● Contacting monthly donors as their credit/debit cards or bank accounts need to be updated for sponsor reacquisition through emails, mail, phone calls, and texting
● Produce reports in the database and track progress on reaching declining donors
● Provide report stats to Director of Finance and Executive Team
● Track giving status of monthly sponsors
● Update the database with donor contact information and mailing preferences
● Responsible for merging duplicate records of donors
● Appeal for and process approved “makeup donations”
● Cancel on-going monthly donations per donor’s request
● Manage monthly email campaign to monthly givers whose credit card is about to expire
● Process donations on a scheduled basis
● Prepare and send thank you notes and receipts as needed
● Answer emails and calls from donors about donation and sponsorship status
● Periodically help on other finance department duties such as retrieving mail, making deposits, processing checks and helping donors with any needs or issues and updating the database
● Assist donors with tax receipt questions and fulfillment as needed
● Assist with continued database transitions
● Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
● Proficiency with at least one donor database/CRM platform preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
● Demonstrated competence or confidence in learning how to navigate, utilize, and develop expertise in donor database systems/CRM.
● Polished, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills with staff, vendors, and donors/customers.
● Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently with excellent attention to detail.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications.
● Ability to work within a project management system.
● Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
● Non-profit experience is a plus.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Team oriented; bridge-building/interdepartmental collaboration.
● Proficient data entry skills (minimum 50 wpm with high accuracy rate).
● Valid State Driver’s License and ability to use personal vehicle for occasional business purposes.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Experience considered.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services