St. Cecelia Academy
Assistant to the Director of Communications and Marketing
St. Cecelia Academy
Informed by the mission and vision of St. Cecilia Academy, the Assistant works with the Director of Communications and Marketing to market St. Cecilia Academy to prospective students and their families through all of the various traditional and digital media available. The Assistant also manages the school website and content management system to ensure that data is accurately gathered and utilized to make ensure the website is accurate and the main source of information for external and internal communication. The Assistant works with the Director of Communications and Marketing to ensure the visibility and awareness of St. Cecilia Academy keeping our marketing standards to the highest quality, and reflects the Catholic, all-girls, Dominican mission of St. Cecilia Academy. This candidate will perform administrative duties and will require a specific technical skillset.
• Supports the development and implementation of marketing strategies for St. Cecilia Academy. Helps execute strategies and tactics that ensure that all SCA marketing initiatives are best-in-class and help meet the reputation and enrollment goals of our school.
• Regularly monitor happenings within the school, seeking out stories to tell and news to share.
• Write press releases approved by the director of communications
• Prepare and send out the weekly e-newsletter and occasional e-blasts coordinated with other campus departments
• Help manage the school website, including yearly reviews and updating, daily updating; utilizing the website to maximize information for students and families. Create pages for different events, groups, weekly newsletter and press releases.
• Possess fluent working knowledge of databases and software used by the school including Admissions database and CMS (content management system), Google Analytics, Blackbaud and Powerschool.
• Monitor online applications received through Blackbaud
• May assist with designing marketing pieces as needed, such as graphics for newsletter or social media, etc.
• Assist the Communications Director in creating and managing social media content as needed.
• Collaborates with faculty and staff to plan and execute select events; attend events as needed; create supporting materials. Prepares materials as needed for SCA and other admissions events.
• Oversee photo database and coordinate photo events.
• Create collateral for school wide events. (i.e. nametags, signs, etc.)
• Edit marketing and admissions materials as needed
• Assist the communications director in development of all admissions materials
• Works collaboratively and productively with faculty, staff, students, supporters and external vendors.
• Oversee Outlook calendar and email for Director of Communications and Marketing; scheduling meetings and sorting through email on their behalf
• Assist with off campus tasks as needed
• Maintain marketing closet and inventory
• Ability to work within a confidential environment
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating workloads and able to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner without constant supervision
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist with the Spirit Store inventory and fulfillment
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following:
• Preferred 3-5 years of experience.
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the Catholic mission and values of St. Cecilia Academy
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, English, marketing, or a related field
• Excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work as a team player
• Experience working under tight deadlines
• Must exhibit exceptional attention to detail and have the ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Availability to work evening and weekend events during recruiting season, as well as occasional other school-related functions throughout the year
• Demonstrated success formulating and implementing marketing strategy and developing digital and other varieties of content to achieve measurable marketing goals.
• Must have the ability to learn, be flexible to change, and be innovative.
• Confident, professional, positive attitude with a sense of humor.
• Ability to be creative and proactive yet disciplined, in order to prioritize workload
• Ability to adapt to different people and situations, strong interpersonal and communications skills, task and detail-oriented, ability to set priorities and follow through on projects, and incorporate honesty, respect and fairness in daily actions, and to work as a team player.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
• Proficient in CMS (Content Management Systems), Powerschool, Blackbaud, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, and social media platforms.
• Proficient in AP Style, with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to Anglinr@stcecilia.edu Let me know if you need anything else.
- Date Posted: October 6, 2021