Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
Art Inventory & Volunteer Manager
Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
The Healing Arts Project, Inc. seeks a person with professional art training and experience handling art. This position requires a person to have the ability to work up to 15 hours a week.
HAPI provides free classes taught by a professional artist to a person with mental illness. Additionally, HAPI encourages and advances HAPI artists by curating, managing, and promoting public exhibitions of their work across Tennessee. Exhibits close to peer support centers allow artists and their peers to view their art in public. Public display of their work builds artists’ confidence and pride in their abilities and brings a new degree of respect and support from their own family and friends.
Position Title: Art Inventory and Volunteer Manager
Reports To: Community Art Event Coordinator
- Manage and organize physical and digital maintenance of the art inventory: Oversee all incoming/outgoing artworks (for exhibits, online store, TAADAS Store, etc.)
- Ensure there are art receipts attached to all incoming/ outgoing art.
- Photograph all incoming art that will be used by HAPI (using HAPI camera and lighting kit)
- Inventory all art and add it to the Art Galleria database
- Return all loaned art after the expiration period.
- Manage disposition of aged Inventory.
- Coordinate procurement, accountability, and distribution of art materials for HAPI (coordinate art and equipment supply orders, manage inventory and art supply budgets)
- Ensure that HAPI keeps a well-stocked supply of needed art materials (for classes, independent artists, outreach, etc.).
- Work with donors to procure donated art supplies.
- Ensure donors information is gathered to be shared with the marketing manager
- Ensure art classes, peer centers, and independent artists have needed art supplies to complete projects.
- Keep track of the inventory spreadsheet
- Coordinate with Community Art Event Coordinator and art teachers to collect artwork from classes.
- End of each teaching term, teachers will select a few pieces from the participants that HAPI would have on loan or add to the permanent collection. To be exhibited, added to the online store or TAADAS store.
- Assist the Community Art Event Coordinator with various task and projects as time permits
- Frame art with the help of volunteers and partner framing business
- Select, curate, and hang exhibits with all public information (title blocks and sales sheets)
- Serve as Volunteer manager (Involve volunteers to further the community reach of HAPI)
- Manage volunteer portals (i.e., University Students, Hands on Nashville, HAPI, etc.)
- Keep all-volunteer portals updated with needed volunteer positions.
- Reply to volunteer requests and provide an initial screening promptly.
- Recruit, orientate, and train all volunteers.
- Keep an ongoing record of volunteers, training hours, services hours, etc.
- Assist TDMHSAS in sponsoring Art for Awareness with take-home art bags for participants and outreach to legislative offices for art display.
- Assist HAPI’s team with annual events (i.e., Service of Hope, Recovery Fest, Art Workshops, Gala, and any other future projects)
- Meet performance criteria on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Self-directed style, ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently with only moderate direction or supervision. Effectively follows through on assignments.
- Experience with personal or family mental illness or addiction is desirable.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft, Excel, Zoom, an aptitude for technology, and learning other platforms as needed.
- Great organizational skills
Valid Driver License and reliable transportation.
Ability to maneuver or lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Working 40% of the time in the community
Travel within the state of TN (other cities)
Flexibility in schedule
How to Apply
If interested, please send your resume to:
- Date Posted: June 1, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/30/2021
- Working Hours: 20