The Gentle Barn
The Gentle Barn
This full-time position will ensure the health and well-being of the pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, horses and cows living in the Barnyard at The Gentle Barn property.
- Ensure animals are properly feed, provided fresh water and a clean living environment (ie fresh hay, straw and shavings).
- Monitor health and well-being of animals, including weight, veterinary care, medications and bandages.
- Purchase hay and feed supplies and food for the animals.
- Provide fresh, organic produce for the animals daily.
- Supervise and work with all animal practitioners (shoers, chiropractors, massage therapists, and ultrasound technicians).
- Provide specialty care to animals with additional needs.
- Oversee training necessary for medical procedures on the animals.
- Oversee daily medications including the storage, stocking and distribution of such medications.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Gentle and kind person who cares deeply for animals.
- Vegan or Vegetarian lifestyle a plus.
- Strong belief that all animals should be treated with compassion and respect.
- Must be highly trainable and eager to learn.
- Must be comfortable around large animals.
- Must be available to work varying hours based on the needs of the business.
- Prior experience training and caring for various animals a plus.
- Training in veterinary assisting or veterinary technician a must.
Medical, dental, vision, 403b (retirememnt), life insurance, disabilyt, paid time off.
How to Apply
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: October 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: 11-13