Nashville Diaper Connection
AmeriCorps Member – Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader
Nashville Diaper Connection
The Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader (Leader) incorporates a passion for recruiting and building relationships with volunteers and partners into action for Nashville Diaper Connection, which improves community access to diapers to ensure every baby in Middle Tennessee has enough diapers to remain clean, dry, and healthy.
The Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Nashville Diaper Connection and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Nashville Diaper Connection is looking for an outgoing, friendly, and innovative Partner Engagement Leader with an interest in event planning, program reporting, and program development. The Leader aids Nashville Diaper Connection by making community outreach events more efficient and effective, which benefits children and infants in Middle Tennessee.
Nashville Diaper Connection is seeking an individual who is well organized, detail oriented, and independent. Over the course of the yearlong term, the Leader helps manage the volunteer and outreach events, completes event reporting, and strategizes ways to enhance the experiences of volunteers and partners. The Leader gains experience with volunteer and event management, business development, community outreach, project planning, and execution and communication strategies.
- Lead and direct in-house weekly diaper-wrapping events, including communication with volunteers and preparing supplies.
- Facilitate off-site diaper distribution events.
- Manage and organize inventory in the warehouse and assist with logistics.
- Develop marketing materials.
- Use NDC social media accounts to demonstrate the impact of the program and highlight volunteer activities.
- Manage and organize data from programs and events.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Community Organizing
- Public Health
- Social Services
- Candidates proficient in both Spanish and English receive preference
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Lift and carry up to 30-50lbs; Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time; Responsibilities in this position may entail standing for extended periods of time.; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather; Responsibilities in the position may entail operating machinery and/or power tools; Office or service environment may include noisy environments.; Service responsibilities require moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.; Service responsibilities require member to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week